Register

Burnt out usb port :/

This is a discussion on Burnt out usb port :/ within the Videotron (Canada) forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Carriers category; I got my Galaxy Nexus from videotron about 2 months ago. I was really annoyed of the stock rom so I loaded AOKP M5. I ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Unhappy Burnt out usb port :/

I got my Galaxy Nexus from videotron about 2 months ago. I was really annoyed of the stock rom so I loaded AOKP M5. I turned my phone off to charge and plugged it in to the wall with the oem wall plug and cable. After 20 minutes I booted up and the phone took a whole 3 percent of charge. I tried another wall to see if it was the outlet but this time it jumped up to 49% battery but it was quite hot. The phone died five minutes later and I put it to charge again. This time nothing happened except a burnt smell came from the phone.

I asked my dad and apparently I had a water damage on the plug because two of the pins on the usb cable had a green tint on it. I don't remember wetting my phone at any point in the night. I'm wondering if videotron will count that as water damage. Also I'm not sure if it's just my USB port that's burnt or my whole phone. My fear is that if I bring it into the store they'll try another battery and see an open lock underneath google and refuse to take the phone in.

Apparently they just swap my phone in at the store on the spot, if they were to find water damage or see that my phone was rooted when the phone goes back to the technicians would I be charged? and do you think theyll notice the open lock and the water residue in the port?

EDIT: and if anyone knows where the water damage indicators are that would be awesome...

Double EDIT: Due to my impatience I went to Videotron and the guy decided to take the battery out of his gNex and put it into mine then saw the unlocked picture under the google logo and instantly went on his computer and declared my warranty voided. I explained that this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Software and he said sorry theres nothing we can do you broke your phone. Lol, although this was a piss off I realized that it wasn't all too bad. I ordered a new charging port off of ebay for 10 bucks and am planning on replacing it asap. The great thing about the Galaxy Nexus is that it comes apart into a million pieces, and if one thing breaks it doesn't take the whole phone down!
    Last edited by ViceAvaritia; 06-19-2012 at 07:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads