Register

4g Network Dropped Coverage

This is a discussion on 4g Network Dropped Coverage within the Verizon (US) forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Carriers category; In January of this year I happily switched from AT&T to Verizon after AT&T kept limiting my unlimited plan. I purchased a new Galaxy Nexus ...

Milky Way
    Member #

In January of this year I happily switched from AT&T to Verizon after AT&T kept limiting my unlimited plan. I purchased a new Galaxy Nexus and was in love but sadly the honeymoon didn't last long. Since then my 4g coverage drops consistently and it's getting old quick. I have perfectly good coverage wherever I go but the phone drops to nothing for no reason preventing any calls/text/or data. I work as a Paramedic and when I need to call the hospital for orders I can't have a phone that keeps dropping on me. My first Nexus had the problem and eventually the data connection stopped working all together. Verizon gladly sent me a refurb but that unit was even worse! I'm now on my third and it isn't getting any better! They offered me a different phone like the Samsung stratosphere or Motorola droid razr but I feel those are all inferior phones to the nexus. Is this a nexus problem or is it Verizon's 4g coverage? Ive read articles that it's a system wide problem but some phones are worse then others. I'm tempted to head back to AT&T but would love to stick with Verizon due to the double the data plan I have. Does anybody have any suggestions or feedback with this problem. I'm frustrated and shouldn't be stuck with something that doesn't work when I pay 120 a month!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It is a device issue. I'm on my 5th Gnex and have finally got one that will hold a 4G signal. I just kept ordering replacements until I got a good one. Unfortunately, that's about all you can do if you want to keep the Nexus. Although, I have read that the new radios have solved some peoples issues with the dropped signal. You may want to flash those if you haven't already.

Good luck

Milky Way
    Member #

I finally called Verizon this week again and told them I'm at a lost of what to do and am thinking about canceling. I chatted with the nice Verizon girl and she said she could give me a discounted rate but that wouldn't solve my problems. I asked if they could offer me any other phones besides the stratosphere or razr and she said they could probably do the S3 which I jumped at since it's newer and I'm not into flashing etc. I'm pretty excited but sad to be leaving the nexus. The lady did say Samsung is working on a software update for the dropped signal. Also I don't have to sign a new contract so I could maybe get the new nexus if it looks nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Remove Ads

Ads