Register

Updates for Gnex on Rogers?

This is a discussion on Updates for Gnex on Rogers? within the Rogers (Canada) forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Carriers category; I've been hearing about updates for"yakjuux" phones running 4.0.1, but I've yet to see an update notification. Has anyone on Rogers gotten an update? Does ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Updates for Gnex on Rogers?

I've been hearing about updates for"yakjuux" phones running 4.0.1, but I've yet to see an update notification. Has anyone on Rogers gotten an update?

Does anyone know if one is coming?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Nothing here... still on 4.01 as well, I rooted last week and am going to apply the 4.04 yakju this week

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Using Wug's utility I just flashed 4.04 using flash+unroot, re-rooted, reinstalled CWM, made another backup and it's all good.. took about 15-20 mins to get all up and running again.. something you might want to consider.. this is the first rooting of a device I've done.. pretty straight forward. to hell with waiting for Rogers

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Just checked my friends stock Rogers gnex and it was still on 4.0.1 with no update in sight. That's ridiculous! You'd almost have to think that Samsung was doing this on purpose...

Trying to convince him it's time to take yakju for a spin so he can actually benefit.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Wow - my son's HTC Evo 3D just got updated to ICS 4.0.3 on Rogers...
    My Galaxy Nexus is still running 4.0.1...
    Going to cry in a corner somewhere now while the 14 year old laughs at me... LOL

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Same boat.. put Yakju 4.04 on my Rogers phone and got the JB update OTA right away

Milky Way
    Member #
    What worries me is the warranty question. Is it possible to flash it back to stock yakjuux in a way that Samsung will be unaware that it was ever altered?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhiz2k View Post
    What worries me is the warranty question. Is it possible to flash it back to stock yakjuux in a way that Samsung will be unaware that it was ever altered?

The only way to do that is to backup your current rom through clockworkmod then keep the files. But I don't see the need to do it as all you need is to have stock rom with locked bootloader for warranty. Haven't heard of any dealer deny a yakju unit. They most likely have no idea anyway if the phones they sell are yakju or yakju** if it's a i9250

LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    The only way to do that is to backup your current rom through clockworkmod then keep the files. But I don't see the need to do it as all you need is to have stock rom with locked bootloader for warranty. Haven't heard of any dealer deny a yakju unit. They most likely have no idea anyway if the phones they sell are yakju or yakju** if it's a i9250

Thanks for that

However, I've been posting/complaining on the Samsung Mobile Canada Facebook page about this, and have seen the Samsung representative there warn people about how Flashing Yakju will void the warranty. Not sure if that's just posturing from Samsung.

I do think it's monumentally stupid to announce, on the Samsung page, with your real name, that you have flashed your phone. :P I have so far not done that, and have purposely stated on the page that I refuse to Flash, just to cover my own butt.

But I get angry when I think of all the friends/family I talked into getting a GNex, who are now annoyed that people with much older phones have Jelly Bean whilst they do not. For the sake of those people, I still haven't Flashed, although I'm very close to doing so. I'm also very curious to see how all this Samsung BS plays out: If they DO release the update, when, and will it be updated to a stock build....

Here's the latest from the Samsung person (supposedly "Drew"):

"Samsung Canada is working with Google to prepare and certify the Android 4.1 upgrades for the Nexus phones, in the coming few weeks.

What the h3ll could POSSIBLY need certifying and preparing when the 4.1 build has been released for Canada from Google? That line seems to tell me that the update WON'T be a stock build.

Samsung is guity of false advertising at this point, in my opinion. The phone was supposed to get updates directly from Google, and it's not.
    Last edited by gwhiz2k; 08-09-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo

Milky Way
    Member #
    After reading through wugfresh's tutorial for the Nexus Root Toolkit 1.5.2... then reading peoples comments and issues... then reading some more... then sleeping on it... for about a week (yeah ok so I was a little paranoid)... Last night I finally backed up, unlocked, flashed stock 4.0.4... and whattayaknow.. instant notification that I had a system update available OTA
    Jelly Bean 4.1.1 now running on my Nexus and the only question I have now is why the heck did I wait so long?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads