Register

Zoompass?

This is a discussion on Zoompass? within the Rogers (Canada) forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Carriers category; I just received an email from Rogers. Congratulations on your new Rogers Wireless device. With your upgrade you have been pre-registered for the FREE Zoompass ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Holmes108

Thread: Zoompass?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Zoompass?

I just received an email from Rogers.

Congratulations on your new Rogers Wireless device. With your upgrade you have been pre-registered for the FREE Zoompass Mobile Wallet, Canada's leading mobile payment service. If you would like to start using Zoompass to send, receive and request money using your mobile phone, simply activate your account today.
    Does anyone know how this would compare to Google Wallet. I know its not technically available yet in Canada but I am inclined to wait rather then use some other Rogers approved service that will cost me money.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's basically a competitor for Paypal. You can send and receive money, send via western union, etc... you attach a bank account and/or credit card to your account.

You can also (like I did) not attach any accounts to it, and load your account via Interac Online payments, which is nice. The other bonus (and the reason I signed up) is that you get a Mastercard branded debit card that is tied to your zoompass account.

There are no service fees for the prepaid mastercard, making it the cheapest solution for a refillable card. You don't even have to assign funds specifically to the Mastercard itself... it's just tied to your zoompass account.

The fees seem comparable to other services. Some a bit higher, some a bit lower. As I said, I got it for the card, so that I can purchase things online without running up debt.

I can't comment too much on the service overall as I only signed up a few weeks ago.

Here is a list of fees:

https://www.zoompass.com/web/personal/fees.jsp
    Last edited by Holmes108; 02-22-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    outcastrc likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So not a replacement then to Google Wallet? Good to know, I already have too many options for sending money on-line...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes108 View Post
    It's basically a competitor for Paypal. You can send and receive money, send via western union, etc... you attach a bank account and/or credit card to your account.

You can also (like I did) not attach any accounts to it, and load your account via Interac Online payments, which is nice. The other bonus (and the reason I signed up) is that you get a Mastercard branded debit card that is tied to your zoompass account.

There are no service fees for the prepaid mastercard, making it the cheapest solution for a refillable card. You don't even have to assign funds specifically to the Mastercard itself... it's just tied to your zoompass account.

The fees seem comparable to other services. Some a bit higher, some a bit lower. As I said, I got it for the card, so that I can purchase things online without running up debt.

I can't comment too much on the service overall as I only signed up a few weeks ago.

Here is a list of fees:

https://www.zoompass.com/web/personal/fees.jsp
    Welcome to the forum...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhodge02 View Post
    Welcome to the forum...
    Thanks!

Yeah, as far as comparing to Google Wallet, no, as far as I know you can't use Zoompass to make payments online directly, if that's what you mean. Unless you are using their Mastercard. But nobody "accepts Zoompass".

Remove Ads

Ads