Register

Help with Sprint Radios

This is a discussion on Help with Sprint Radios within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I've unlocked and rooted my galaxy Nexus and everything worked great I tried cyanogenmod but ended up sticking with 4.0.1 that was a couple months ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

Help with Sprint Radios

I've unlocked and rooted my galaxy Nexus and everything worked great I tried cyanogenmod but ended up sticking with 4.0.1 that was a couple months ago. Recently I started getting the update message from sprint so I found the google images and made the mistake of downloading and flashing the 4.2.2 GSM/HSPA+ instead of the the 4.1.1 CDMA/LTE version the install worked but the network was gone and when I tried to flash the backup I find out that my external is corrupted. I went back and downloaded the proper "toroplus" 4.1.1 version and flashed everything fine but the network is still gone I called up sprint and tried to activate the phone but the tech couldnt get the edit option from the SPC_Checker It seems like the radios that came with the google version are missing some options. I'm starting to get frustrated so I thought I would reach out for some help.

Currently
    ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.3
    Android 4.1.1 (toroplus) CDMA/LTE
    Radio L700.FC12

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    How did you flash the factory image? Did you use Odin? Check this link out as it's the only known method for toroplus at the moment.

[ACS] Return to stock using Odin

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I flashed the image using fastboot i.e. fastboot flash radio <path>

Milky Way
    Member #
    I was able to find Odin 3.7 but I'm still need to find the original radios. fyi the shabbypenguin links are broke. I will continue the search and update if I find the radios

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    I stand corrected. I totally forgot about the fastboot files. Sorry I don't own toroplus. Anyhow I found some more links for radio files.

Toroplus Info - CyanogenMod

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (toroplus) - RootzWiki

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    After dealing with sprint on this issue I've decided to cut my losses and move on. I love my galaxy nexus but the only options I got from sprint were to pay sprint $150 to "look at the device" and possibly more to "fix" it or cancel my service and pay a $350 cancellation fee. In my mind, I just could not pay $150+ for a software problem so I cancelled my service and am looking at getting a LG Nexus 4 and a raid controller for my backup. Live and learn.

P.S. I had paid my sprint bill right before I flashed the radios and when I cancelled I was pointed to the contract where you agree that if you cancel early your bill will not be pro-rated so in my case I'm paying for a service that I am not receiving. Buyer beware!

Ads