Register

Stock email not working any more, and Titanium Backup doesn't recognize any of my app

This is a discussion on Stock email not working any more, and Titanium Backup doesn't recognize any of my app within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi, Has anyone had this problem yet? I've been searching online forums for months, and it seems I'm the only Galaxy Nexus owner in the ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Cool Stock email not working any more, and Titanium Backup doesn't recognize any of my app

Hi,

Has anyone had this problem yet? I've been searching online forums for months, and it seems I'm the only Galaxy Nexus owner in the world with this problem...

Originally my stock email app worked fine. Then, one day, it just stopped. It didn't work for about a week, so I played around a bit and it started working again. (I'm not sure if my playing around had anything to do with it.) Then a few days later it just stopped again. It won't open at all.

The error it gives me is that the app isn't installed.

I've tried going into the app settings, and clicked "reses app preferences", rebooted, and nothing changed. Email still didn't work.

I've gone into the root folder into /system/app, and tried clicking on the Email.Google.apk file (to install it), as well as the Exchange2Google.apk file, and both of them give me the same resulting error message "X App not installed".

There used to be an icon for the stock email app in my apps list, and when I would click on it the error would always be "App not installed".

I've got working copies of the above two .apk files (from friends with GN phones), and tried to paste them into that folder, over top of the existing ones. It wouldn't allow me to do this. It also wouldn't allow me to just plain delete these two files, even though I have root access. Seems like these are very protected files, and I'm not even sure if they're related to my issue. (They just have the same icon as the email app, so that's why I'm trying those files... yes, I'm a bit of a noob.)

I've also gone into Titanium Backup and deleted the data for the system app com.google.android.email and this had no effect on being able to install, use, or open my stock email app.

The only thing that has worked so far was doing a factory data reset. After that, my stock email app worked. But, when I restored my phone with MyBackupPro, the stock email app no longer worked.

Does anyone know how to get it working, without me having to manually re-install and setup everything on my phone? (That takes weeks for me to do, and I don't have time.)

Also, oddly ocuring at the same time that this stock email app is having issues, Titanium Backup doesn't see any of my apps. Well, it sees three of them (out of about 200 apps), which are two of the more recent apps I installed, plus the com.google.android.email system app - which has a horizontal line through it.

In Titanium, I've chosen the "refresh apps list" option, and it doesn't find any more of my apps. I've also gone to their FAQ where it had some suggestions how to resolve this, but that didn't work.

Who knows how fix this?

Thanks!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads