Register

All Google Built-in Apps DEAD. No Gmail. NO PLay Store. No Contacts.

This is a discussion on All Google Built-in Apps DEAD. No Gmail. NO PLay Store. No Contacts. within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; In late October, 2012, I lost all contacts and calendars. Gmail, Playstore, Google+ and most built-in apps will not launch. Calendar launches with an empty ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Angry All Google Built-in Apps DEAD. No Gmail. NO PLay Store. No Contacts.

In late October, 2012, I lost all contacts and calendars. Gmail, Playstore, Google+ and most built-in apps will not launch. Calendar launches with an empty calendar. I cannot see any of my Gmail calendars on the phone. When I try to add a new event, it says I must log on. I log on with my Gmail address and password. It says it cannot connect to the server. Edit data. I have done this many many times without a positive result.

All these functions work on my computer.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall Gmail from Playstore (I no longer have "Market"). Playstore will not launch.

I have forced stops, deleted data and caches. Turned the phone off and then on. Nothing works.

I went to My Android Apps. It shows Gmail and Calendar, but will not install them. It says my phone is incompatible. My phone was perfectly compatible until late October. These problems seem to coincide with the upgrade to Jelly Bean. When I upgraded, I just clicked OK when it asked if I wanted to upgrade. I did nothing else.

Can somebody please help? I am losing my mind. I really RELY on this phone and its features.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times

Re: All Google Built-in Apps DEAD. No Gmail. NO PLay Store. No Contacts.

Are you signed into Google using your Gmail address? Are you rooted? On a custom rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gyver View Post
    Are you signed into Google using your Gmail address? Are you rooted? On a custom rom?

I CANNOT sign into Google using my Gmail address. Gmail will not load at all on the phone. If I try to create a new event in Calendar, it asks me to logon. When I try to sign in, I get a message saying
    "Couldn't finish. Couldn't open connection to server. Edit details."

It is on Port 443. Mobile device ID is androidc313169061. I have tried it with and without SSL. Retyping my user name and password doesn't help. I always get the same message. The user name and password work ok on Gmail in my computer, so they do work.

However, I CANNOT even open Gmail on the phone to try to log in.

I don't know what it means to be rooted or on a custom ROM. I have always just accepted whatever Adroid offers.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times

Re: All Google Built-in Apps DEAD. No Gmail. NO PLay Store. No Contacts.

You can take it back from where you purchased it, clearly its a fault with the upgrading which happens from time to time, or else you can download on your comp wugs toolkit in which you will have to do the same as a lot of us did by reading up and then taking your time using this tool kit to put you back on the road. Wugs tools kit gives you the choice of keeping stock or going on and having custom. Its self explained.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    You should do a Factory Data Reset: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. Backup everything on your sdcard that you want to keep as a Factory Data Reset wipes the sdcard. There are apps in the Market that will backup everything including SMS and Text messages. 3. Boot into recovery and perform the FDR.

Good luck
    Baton Rouge, LA

Remove Ads

Ads