Register

Wiped internal SD card, and ROM

This is a discussion on Wiped internal SD card, and ROM within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I think I screwed the pooch on this one. So I had a trial version of JellyBelly 4.2 on my phone. I didn't like it ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Wiped internal SD card, and ROM

I think I screwed the pooch on this one. So I had a trial version of JellyBelly 4.2 on my phone. I didn't like it and wanted to go back to the stable version of CM 10. I went into clockwork recovery and decided to clean out everything to start fresh. Typically I only do the typical format system, Davlik and Batt statts before installing a new ROM. This time, I decided to manually format, System, Cache, AND SD card - then to be double sure I formated system from the CWR screen. When I tried to go to install my Cyanogen files from my SD card there isn't anything there (because I wiped it duh - oh yea, and no backup either). So now I can't start up the phone because I wiped the ROM I was using. Typically I would just reboot the phone and drag and drop files using Android file transfer onto my SD card, but because I can't start up the phone, I can't get to file transfer. If i boot into Recovery mode and try and install my ROM's from my .zip there is no ROM on my SD to install. Suggestions? I know if I could get my ROM zip files from my computer (Mac) to my internal SD device i would be good, right? I tried to push the files via Heimdall but get a error message when trying to save the PIT file, can someone help me with a step by step for that? Do you have other suggestions I have both the Cyanogen files, and the basic 4.04 files on my Mac computer. If i can only get them to my SD card, i should be able to reinstall the ROM and it will remap everything right?

I have a Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
    Mac Book computer
    Last edited by MaxJ360; 11-24-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Extra Info

2. # ADS
    Ads

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Might want to check this out: [TOOL] Root / Unlock - Unroot / Lock [Mac]

The unroot script should get you back to stock 4.1.1 .. you will just have to re-unlock the bootloader and re-root after returning to stock to install custom ROMs again.
    The other option is to push a ROM zip file to your phone using adb, if you can get adb to recognize your phone in the bootloader, or in recovery.
    Last edited by fnmetal; 11-24-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    So pretend like I am really dumb. From what screen do I run the program? I tried the download screen but no luck. Is it from the main boot loader? From the install zip pre screen?

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    All the commands to flash the respective partitions need to be executed from the bootloader screen.. You might have to do it manually, as I think the script is meant to run while booted into the os; I don't have a Mac so I've never run the scripts.. So try booting into the bootloader and running the script from there.
    you can also open a command prompt, and push a ROM zip file to the sdcard in recovery.. If you have the android sdk installed, move rom's zip file to the sdk tools directory, boot into recovery, connect your phone to your computer, open up a command prompt, cd to your sdk tools directory, type 'adb devices' if you see your device there, then type 'adb push nameofromfile.zip /data/media/romfile.zip' (obviously you will have to substitute the filenames with the actual rom you're using) from within recovery now select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard; you should see the ROM that you pushed there, flash it.
    Last edited by fnmetal; 11-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: Wiped internal SD card, and ROM

I have done this a lot because I don't learn from my own mistakes lol. Best thing to do is download a rom of your choice to you computer. Make sure you have adb working on pc. Then push the file to your device via adb. It's easy. Don't know the exact command but search YouTube for user heyitslou or something like that. Best of luck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads