Register

Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?)

This is a discussion on Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?) within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi, thanks for reading. I'm having some issues here. Using windows 7 32-bit. HAD a working, unlocked, rooted, toro galaxy nexus. Short Story: Trying to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?)

Hi, thanks for reading. I'm having some issues here. Using windows 7 32-bit. HAD a working, unlocked, rooted, toro galaxy nexus.

Short Story: Trying to get back to stock and stuck in a bootloop. adb not working, and after plugging in the phone, it shows up in device manager as Unknown Device w/ the yellow ! mark. I can only boot into the bootloader.

Longer Story: I have been having issues with my micro usb port. It says charging while unplugged, doesn't charge when plugged in, etc. and the problem comes and goes. I figured I should just return it and get a replacement phone. I was unlocked, rooted, and running a custom rom. The phone seemed to be maintaining a solid, consistent connection, so I wanted to relock and unroot it for the return.

I used WugFresh's toolbox and everything seemed to be going well until the end. It said something failed, before quickly flashing over to the next screen saying process completed. I suspect the usb connection flaked out during the process, and I am now stuck with a bootloop.

I can't retry the process since I can't get the drivers working properly, and I've tried getting adb working, but I am still having issues with installing the drivers. Manually installing (device manager - right click - update driver software...) them brings up a window saying the process can't be completed, make sure the file is for 32bit windows (they should be, tried two different files). Can't get Odin working either due to the drivers.

Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    If you are having issues with your port I highly doubt it's the drivers on your pc that's the problem. Are you by chance trying to update drivers with your phone plugged in?

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried installing the drivers a number of times with the phone not plugged in, having it try to automatically install once it is plugged in. I've also tried going through the device manager and installing manually while it is plugged in, but thats when I get the error regarding these files may not be formated for 32-bit after selecting the .inf file.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra

Re: Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?)

Have you tried using Universal Naked Drivers?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Have you tried using Universal Naked Drivers?

Not sure I know what those are.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    Quote Originally Posted by bneff17 View Post
    Not sure I know what those are.
    these are the drivers i use when connecting the gnex to both my win7 and winxp lappy. https://www.box.com/s/xj1uebjjhgotezccbkcz never gives me any issue. i don't use the samsung usb driver or pdanet. i just point and click it to this folder for manual installation of drivers.

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    these are the drivers i use when connecting the gnex to both my win7 and winxp lappy. https://www.box.com/s/xj1uebjjhgotezccbkcz never gives me any issue. i don't use the samsung usb driver or pdanet. i just point and click it to this folder for manual installation of drivers.
    I'm still getting a window popping up saying, "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for 32-bit systems."

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra

Re: Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?)

Quote Originally Posted by bneff17 View Post
    I'm still getting a window popping up saying, "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for 32-bit systems."
    I'm using a win 32 bit myself. I just extracted it and manually pointed to the main folder when installing. Worked for both in adb or regular phone mode and in bootloader mode as well

Milky Way
    Member #
    I'm using a win 32 bit myself. I just extracted it and manually pointed to the main folder when installing. Worked for both in adb or regular phone mode and in bootloader mode as well

So am I doing something wrong? I unziped the folder to my desktop, went into device manager and right clicked on the Unknown Device, selecting Update Driver Software...

Then I browse to the unziped folder and select the .inf file. I get that pop up regarding 32-bit windows. Is there another way I should be trying this?

EDIT: Selecting the folder says my driver software is up to date.
    Last edited by bneff17; 10-15-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    There's some pretty good info here: OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers
    Baton Rouge, LA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads