Register

Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?)

This is a discussion on Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?) within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher There's some pretty good info here: OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers Thanks, but I have been through those steps a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    There's some pretty good info here: OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers
    Thanks, but I have been through those steps a few times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers that way, but the device never changes from "Unknown Device" w/ the ! sign. I've also disabled windows from automatically installing drivers to use that manual method first, but I still get a message that the driver software is already up to date.

I also cannot even attempt the upgrade steps listed, as the phone never changes from "Unknown Device."

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra

Re: Stuck at Bootloader (bad drivers?)

Quote Originally Posted by bneff17 View Post
    So am I doing something wrong? I unziped the folder to my desktop, went into device manager and right clicked on the Unknown Device, selecting Update Driver Software...

Then I browse to the unziped folder and select the .inf file. I get that pop up regarding 32-bit windows. Is there another way I should be trying this?

EDIT: Selecting the folder says my driver software is up to date.
    I'm just point to the main folder and let it do the update. I don't choose a particular file

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    I'm just point to the main folder and let it do the update. I don't choose a particular file

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I've tried both. When I do the folder, it says the software drivers are already up to date. Picking the file directly, I get the 32-bit windows message.

Using cmd 'adb devices', the phone doesn't list. Tried 'fastboot devices' as well since I saw it suggested else where, nothing happens.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra

How about this? Try to uninstall any other driver you placed for the phone and just leave the naked drivers folder. Use a different port and cable for usb.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Gave that a shot. Nothing new. First pic is what happens after I uninstall the driver, reboot, plug in my nexus while in the bootloader, and select the naked drivers. The second is the error code under properties.
    uptodate.jpg
    error.jpg

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra

Running out of ideas now. I'm still thinking that it may not actually be a faulty usb port. You know, trying to eliminate each possible scenario. You mentioned you get boot loops, is it still that way? Have you tried plugging in the phone to pc while it is turned off then try to boot it normally while plugged?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    I do appreciate the effort. Currently trying that now.

I know I said bootloop, but that may not be precise. I get the google logo (with the unlock icon..) and it goes to the glowing nexus X logo, only to just stay there. I've let it run for over 30 min a couple times.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    In the bootloader, you'd use fastboot commands, so the fastboot drivers need to be set up correctly. If you can get the fastboot drivers configured, you should be able to restore to stock. You can try the steps I posted in this thread and see if that will do it: GNex will not install drivers in Fast Boot

Milky Way
    Member #
    The phone did not boot up while plugged in and PDANet doesn't seem to be working either. I get this popup while going through the steps, asking to enable usb debugging and I obviously can't check that option on the phone so...
    pdanet.jpg
    I'm beginning to think that my micro usb is out of commission, and replacing it is my only option. What are the chances I can get a replacement phone through verizon with the phone currently not booting and unlocked. I have a feeling it's slim to none.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads