Register

Bricked Nexus?!

This is a discussion on Bricked Nexus?! within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hey I'm new to this website I'm having major issues with my nexus; long story short, it has the "phone-yellowtriangleexclamationmark-pc" thing on the screen and ...

Thread: Bricked Nexus?!

Milky Way
    Member #

Unhappy Bricked Nexus?!

Hey I'm new to this website

I'm having major issues with my nexus; long story short, it has the "phone-yellowtriangleexclamationmark-pc" thing on the screen and even though I know its hard to brick a Samsung, this might be one of them times! The phone still recognizes when it's plugged in via USB and the computer manages to read the phone but I have no idea how to restore it and after a whole night of reading up I have concluded Odin would be the answer! I have no idea what files are required via odin, however I have a feeling the /data partition is corrupted but I can't be sure about this. Somebody please point me in the right direction regarding any files that I need to download etc!!

Its a GSM maguro variant of the Gnex and it is currently supposed to be running JB 4.1.1.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Are you rooted or stock? What were you trying to do when you got to that screen? Unfortunately I do not have any GSM odin files. I don't think you are bricked as it turns on. I need more info in order to help.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The above post replies are correct. You just need ODIN3v1.85 with proper drivers installed on your PC. The phone!PC mark is a "soft-brick" indication and the phone would still be recognized by ODIN (check if ODIN seems the COM port connection).
    Assuming you have a GSM version, just flash the GSM stock images using ODIN and you should be fine. There are threads about it on XDA forums.

I ran into similar problems with my Captivate and could still flash it using ODIN even though I was not in the actual "download" mode.

Good Luck!

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yubeie View Post
    The above post replies are correct. You just need ODIN3v1.85 with proper drivers installed on your PC. The phone!PC mark is a "soft-brick" indication and the phone would still be recognized by ODIN (check if ODIN seems the COM port connection).
    Assuming you have a GSM version, just flash the GSM stock images using ODIN and you should be fine. There are threads about it on XDA forums.

I ran into similar problems with my Captivate and could still flash it using ODIN even though I was not in the actual "download" mode.

Good Luck!
    Hey guys thanks a lot for your replies! I don't think I got the severity of the problem across well enough. See, the phone was in bootloop but everything was going fuzzy all the time (including recovery) and the recovery mode was corrupt it wouldn't let me clear cache! and while it was running the clearing process, all I could see was yellow lines of errors saying cache cannot be mounted. After loads of failed attempts of trying to flash Stock ICS and Jellybean (Yakju, without wallet) the phone decided it wanted to brick and so didn't turn on at all! I found a forum online (Unbrick dead Samsung GT-i9250 Galaxy Nexus, GT-I9100G via USB cable, FREEEEEEEEEEEE - GSM-Forum) which gave me the OMAPFlash method with which I unbricked the phone and got it started a couple of times. I tried to then flash stock again via fastboot, it didn't work it simply couldn't send files to my phone although the phone was connected because it was detected under fastboot devices. After this, I went into download mode and tried to flash using Odin, however, this crashed and the phone crashed too which required me to pull the battery out. From then, all I get is > phone!Pc < and now the phone is detected via USB and via OMAP but the OMAP doesn't bring me back to fastboot its stuck on that yellow triangle screen!

Again, Thanks a lot for all your help! If I don't get this sorted in a few days I'll be sending it to Samsung!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I hope you can get this worked out without having to send the phone in.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Looks like I'm not gonna have a lot of choice! Worst part is, the bootloader is unlocked -_- I'm stumped as to why OMAPflash_tuna isn't working and nor is Odin although the phone is detected!

Milky Way
    Member #

R: Bricked Nexus?!

Quote Originally Posted by Devzz View Post
    Looks like I'm not gonna have a lot of choice! Worst part is, the bootloader is unlocked -_- I'm stumped as to why OMAPflash_tuna isn't working and nor is Odin although the phone is detected!
    Have you tried pure adb commands from an SDK environment?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LanZoid View Post
    Have you tried pure adb commands from an SDK environment?
    Yep tried it all, I'm sending it out to a Samsung repair center tomorrow morning . Hopefully they won't care about/check if the boot-loader is unlocked and whether my flash counter has clocked anything I may have tried and actually just fix the phone

Remove Ads

Ads