Register

After flashing AOKP ROM, now stuck on boot animation

This is a discussion on After flashing AOKP ROM, now stuck on boot animation within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Long time lurker; first time poster. I was previously running AOKP Jelly Bean Build 1 on my rooted GSM Galaxy Nexus with T-Mobile prepaid. After ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

After flashing AOKP ROM, now stuck on boot animation

Long time lurker; first time poster. I was previously running AOKP Jelly Bean Build 1 on my rooted GSM Galaxy Nexus with T-Mobile prepaid. After booting into recovery and doing a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache I flashed the ROM and GApps. Then I wiped the battery stats (which I have never done before) and rebooted the phone. It booted up just fine the first time and I linked up my Google account. I then went into the Play Store and installed Titanium Backup-Root and the Root Key so I could restore my apps, but when I clicked on the TiBu app, my phone suddenly rebooted and got stuck on the AOKP "INITIATING SWAGGER" boot animation. After about 20 minutes I took out the battery and powered up the phone again, but it is still stuck in the same spot.

Maybe I don't have enough swagger for Build 4 of AOKP

I pulled the battery and replaced it, held both volumes and power until I got to a screen with the green Android robot and a Start button. I haven't proceeded any further. What should my next step be?

Before I flashed the ROM I made a Nandroid and did a backup using TiBu and SMS Backup+. The only thing I did differently this time was that I downloaded the zip files for AOKP Build 4 and GApps directly from Chrome on my Gnex. Usually I download them on my laptop and then transfer them over to my phone. Would this make any difference?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Seems like you might have a bad download but it could also just be a fluke that this happened especially if you able to boot after flashing. As of now you are in fastboot mode. From there I would go back into recovery. Use the volume buttons and navigate to recovery and try to flash the rom again. This time wipe data, cache, dalvik, then system in mounts and storage (it won't delete anything on sd partition). Reboot. Also no need to wipe battery stats. Try to let Google play store restore your apps automatically instead of using Tibu to restore them. Use Tibu to restore app data only. Reboot phone again after everything is restored. Good luck.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Thanks for your prompt response! That was my plan, but I did not want to mess anything up so I needed some reassurance. I reflashed the ROM and everything is working so far, but Google Play has not restored my missing apps. How long does it usually take for it to automatically restore missing apps?

Also, since I'm flashing from AOKP Build 1 to Build 4, is it safe to use TiBu to restore system apps and data?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Your apps should be downloading just few minutes after signing into Google. I usually log into Play store to see the progress and also see what apps are being restored. This is also when I stop apps I don't want installed. As far as Tibu you can use the box with checkmark on top right in between search and settings. Scroll down to restore section and use Restore missing apps with data. You really should not restore system data as you will not know how it will react to a new rom/UI etc.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Ads