Register

Stuck on Google Logo + unlock icon

This is a discussion on Stuck on Google Logo + unlock icon within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Im ROOTED & using Gummy ROM, was on version 4.0.2 if im not mistaken. BTW, Im using a GSM Galaxy Nexus. (NTT docomo SC-04D, to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Question Stuck on Google Logo + unlock icon

Im ROOTED & using Gummy ROM, was on version 4.0.2 if im not mistaken. BTW, Im using a GSM Galaxy Nexus. (NTT docomo SC-04D, to be exact)
    i used the WUG GNex Toolkit v1.3 to root, made back-up. The last i flash was in May-2012, havent tried any other ROMS besides Gummy.

How i got to this state? Im not sure which trigger this state. But here are a few things before my problem started.
    1. Updating my Anti-Virus, Im using NQ Mobile Security & Antivirus. But, i have update this many times before no problem until now.
    2. Using my phone (was playing game) ignore all the battery warning until it switch OFF by itself. Phone charger was not around at this time.

After, charging it until 100%. I switch the phone ON. It booted up, got to the Home Screen. Waited a few moments for all the programs to load. Messages received etc. Then suddenly, the phone REBOOTED itself.

I said to myself. Huh? WTH.. But seeing it booted up got to the Home Screen again. Waited a few moments again, and NOW it says downloading apps to optimised (or something like that), waited for it to download, then it rebooted again.

After rebooting, got to Home Screen. Waited a few moments, then it reboot. Over and over, i cant take it and figure the downloading mess up something and givinb me bootloop. So, thinking this is a chance to upgrade to Jellybean ROM. Since, i will have to wipe everything down. (I didnt backup as all my files/data are sync with Google.

Below are step i did.
    I press up & down volume + power to enter to ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.2, then.
    1. wipe data/factory reset
    2. wipe cache partition
    3. wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Mount and Storage Menu> format /system
    5. > format /cache
    6. > format /data
    7. Then, i reboot system now.

After, reboot. Im now at "Google Logo + unlock icon"

What im trying to achieve, is to make the phone working again, obviuosly. Then, upgrade to JellyBean + a custom JB ROM.

ps. I came to know, there is a new toolkit, the "Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3", its the same as WUG?

Please help, im lost in touch with the outside world (cant facebook, cant tweet, cant instagram lol..). But now, im at work, luckily there is a computer + internet & a phone.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - GSM

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Steps 5 & 6 are not necessary. You need to go back into recovery and flash a rom or a backup. As of now you have no rom.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    so, i just use the old WUG toolkit & upload from my most recent backup & ROM & i'll be good?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    You should be able to do everything from CWM recovery if you have your rom or backup on your phone. Boot into recovery. Flash your rom or backup. You should not have to do any wipes as you have already done it and not loaded any other rom.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    That's the bad part. i should have had the rom & backup on the phone instead of in the computer. (infact, i should have it on both). Thanks again. Will update on how things go, as now, my phone is just a paper weight till i get home from work.

Milky Way
    Member #
    So, Now I just go home. How do i put the ROM in the phone or access the backup?

Milky Way
    Member #
    i have been on the PC for 4 hours now. I can seem to put a ROM to my phone i even go an tried to flash to stock using the factory images. I even tried the New Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 my phone is communicating with the Toolkit, but going thru the initial steps, i need to check the debugging mode. Which I cannot access at this point. If i can access the phone memory or sd memory, i can easily paste the ROM in it. (Any other ideas)

I tried to push the ROM using the toolkit, it says succeed but i cant find it.

some of the error i see are the Mount USB storage. it says E: Unable to open ums lunfile

Please help. I need my phone back...

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by SStreak View Post
    i have been on the PC for 4 hours now. I can seem to put a ROM to my phone i even go an tried to flash to stock using the factory images. I even tried the New Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 my phone is communicating with the Toolkit, but going thru the initial steps, i need to check the debugging mode. Which I cannot access at this point. If i can access the phone memory or sd memory, i can easily paste the ROM in it. (Any other ideas)

I tried to push the ROM using the toolkit, it says succeed but i cant find it.

some of the error i see are the Mount USB storage. it says E: Unable to open ums lunfile

Please help. I need my phone back...
    Use the "Flash Stock + Unroot" with the option "can't boot up". It will provide you with instructions for getting into bootloader mode, and then it will download and flash the latest factory image available for your device. That features is designed or people who get stuck and can't fully boot there device up.. thats what its for.

You just need your device to be able to communicate in bootloader mode. It doesn't matter if USB debugging was checked or not. Follow the RAW driver solution starting from step 7 if Fastboot can't find your device..

{{ WugFresh }}
    Last edited by WugFresh; 08-22-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    ok, i choose that option. My device has no problem communicate in bootloader mode or recovery mode.
    i have done all the step. Now, i came to the "Booting up your freshly flashed stock device...
    waiting for your device to finish booting up. it will appear looping, just wait.. 5-10 minutes.

if my phone suppose to be still in fastboot mode during this process?? cause it is...

ill be back in 10-15mins..

Milky Way
    Member #
    15-mins passed, should i press the Start button. (its still on Fastboot Mode)

Ads