Register

Stuck at Google splash screen

This is a discussion on Stuck at Google splash screen within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; So a little background, i have a VZW GNex, the other day i tried turning it on and it's stuck at the Google logo splash ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Stuck at Google splash screen

So a little background, i have a VZW GNex, the other day i tried turning it on and it's stuck at the Google logo splash screen. It is rooted, and flashed with AOKP.

I can get fastboot to recognize the device, but anytime I do anything it appears to go successfully, and then when i reboot the bootloader it goes back to the way it was. Even locking the phone appears to go successfully at first, but then after a reboot it goes back to unlocked.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Welcome to the forum. Can you get into bootloader? From power off state press both volume up&down + power button. From there use the volume buttons to navigate to recovery and press power. Since you are rooted you should now be in CWM recovery. From here you can either flash a backup (hopefully you made one) or you can try AOKP or another rom you have that you know works.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks for the feedback paul_gyver! I actually have another recovery installed, i think it may be the recovery installed from the goo.im manager app, but when I try to get into it, it freezes on a TEAMWIN splash screen and goes no further.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    I have never tried their recovery so I can not comment on it. I do know that CWM recovery has been around a while and I have had no issues with it. The problem lies in getting another recovery installed on to your phone to flash. You must use fastboot command to flash it. Have you tried it yet? I recommend THIS one.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Well, I just tried flashing the clockwork recovery using fastboot flash recovery, and booting into recovery, i'm still seeing the TEAMWIN splash screen. For some reason, nothing fastboot does will stick to the phone...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    I see. It might not be a bad idea to just take it back to stock and start over. How did you root your phone?

Milky Way
    Member #
    That's what i've been trying to do using fastboot, but every time i try to flash anything, it won't stick. I can't remember how I originally flashed it, as I first got it 6 months ago when it first came out. Samsung sent me a replacement phone, but my worry is that when i send them my defective phone that they'll see its rooted.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    If fast boot does not work you could try Odin. See link in my signature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    There was a similar thread in which this issue was resolved; Returning nexus back to stock.

Good luck!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Well I tried Odin, it gave me a success message, yet the phone is still not booting up and the bootloader still reads unlocked, so it seems like nothing has changed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads