Register

Galaxy Nexus Driver Recognition Problem.

This is a discussion on Galaxy Nexus Driver Recognition Problem. within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Um okay what would I do though? I've tried updating it but it says it can't for some reason. Is there a site where I ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Galaxy Nexus Driver Recognition Problem.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Um okay what would I do though? I've tried updating it but it says it can't for some reason. Is there a site where I can manually download or fix this problem?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Usually when updating driver does not work then the next step is to delete that driver and reboot the computer. Windows will automatically load it up again upon reboot.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Um okay but what would I do though? I tried to update the MTP but it says it didn't work. Is there a manual way I can download it from a site or something? I'm still a little confused here.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Go to device manager>click on the driver with error> it should pull up a window> click on driver tab>uninstall driver>reboot

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Peeps! I have the same issue, well sort of anyways....well, maybe exactly ... just a different operating system!!

My PC (Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Version 2002) -- is constantly giving me this error:

Samsung Mobile MTP Device ERROR.JPG

Since the "*.inf" was missing, I found a post by WugFresh and this is what he said:
    Have you tried a manual driver installation approach?
    1. Open device manager (Start menu > type "Device")
    2. Locate the improperly to installed devices (will have a yellow exclamation mark next to them)
    3. Right click the device and choose "Update Driver Software..."
    4. Select: "Browse my computer for driver software"
    5. Select: "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", then hit next
    6. Select: "Have Disk..."
    7. Select: "Browse..." and then navigate to the location of the folder which contains the *.inf file for your device. It should be in whatever directory the Samsung driver extracted/installed too.
    8. If your computer prompts you with a message regarding driver signature verification, then just accept it.
    9. Repeat process with any other non-configured devices.
    10. Refresh your device manager and make sure everything is configured properly.

{{ WugFresh }}

None of my "drivers" have yellow exclamation points...and I don't know what file to "browse" for. I opened Device Manager by right clicking on My Computer, selecting "Properties" then selected Hardware and then clicked on Device Manager. Which USB thing is for my Nexus in the picture below?

Device Manager USB.JPG

This is what my Samsung Driver installed....so what is an INF file and where the hell is it?

USB Drivers Folder.jpg

So then I installed the below, per Paul's post on another post about USB connection issues...

Need a little help with MTP and connecting to Vista

What I did was, I uninstalled the USB drivers by going to Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Surfed down to "Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones and then uninstalled it. Then I installed from that link (above) and rebooted. Then installed the USB driver (Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1. 4.6.0) and then rebooted. Plugged in my USB thingamabob from my phone to my PC and then I got that error (listed above).

So, now what do I do? I'm totally freaking lost here and I would just love it if I could actually move my $hit to my phone via the PC. I don't have wifi at home. I don't know how or what I need to have blue tooth work on my PC and/or phone. I don't have blue tooth capabilities.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers each time before I plugged my USB thingy into the PC. I tried the two USB plugs in the front of the PC and the four in the back. So...what am I doing wrong? Why does this have to be so difficult? I would like to root my $hit this century! lol, oh yeah...

Please help this lost freaking moron.

Don

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Hey Don. I didn't realize you were on Windows XP. From what I've read, you need to install WMP 11 for MTP to work correctly on XP. Also make sure you are plugging usb into USB 2.0 as it won't work correctly on 1.0.
    SoccerDon1981 likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    How do I know if the USB plug thing is 1.0 or 2.0? I'm downloading WMP 11 right now. Thanks for the lightning fast reply!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    OH MY GOD, IT TOTALLY FREAKING WORKED.

Paul, you are amazing. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Yes, I'm yelling...I'm happy darnit!
    paul_gyver likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Not sure as it differs from pc to pc but usually 2.0 would be in the back of your pc not the front.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerDon1981 View Post
    OH MY GOD, IT TOTALLY FREAKING WORKED.

Paul, you are amazing. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Yes, I'm yelling...I'm happy darnit!
    Glad you got it bro!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads