Register

Lost all my photos, need help!

This is a discussion on Lost all my photos, need help! within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; So i just flashed MIUI today to give it a try, and I opened up the gallery app. All my photos where there, but it ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Lost all my photos, need help!

So i just flashed MIUI today to give it a try, and I opened up the gallery app. All my photos where there, but it was showing duplicates, so i deleted the duplicates. The problem is they actually where not duplicates and deleted all my photos. I had a lot of important photos in there and my computer seems to have deleted several files of mine today, including the photo backups. So can anyone help me get these back? Iv been searching all night now (at least 5 hours) and come up with a few things,
    • Dont make any new things, that will overwrite my files
    • It is basically impossible to mount my GNexus as a drive for a PC based program to recover them
    • Hexamob 3.0 finds all my pictures, but wont seem to get past the restore screen
    • Undelete wont do anything at all. Wont go past "Enumerating devices"
    • I might be able to restore it from a image file, but i don't know anything about this, or how to make a dump of the SD
    Here are details on my phone,
    • Its a nexus...(obviously i hope)
    • Its running MIUI nightly 5/26/12
    • Its 4.0.4
    • Rooted, and unlocked BEFORE the delete
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I would be BEYOND HAPPY if i got these back.

EDIT: I also have a nandroid from before the flash, but im pretty sure that doesnt back up my internal storage.
    Last edited by TacoLord187; 05-27-2012 at 12:03 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Anyone? Please?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Have you tried to see if it can be mounted as a drive, or is that just what your online research has told you? What mode is your USB connection in? MTP or PTP?

Here is another app you can try out and see if it works. Now, it does run on your phone so you may run the risk of overwriting at least a small section of what may be a picture, but it's worth a shot if you want your pictures back that badly. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apps.undelete

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    Have you tried to see if it can be mounted as a drive, or is that just what your online research has told you? What mode is your USB connection in? MTP or PTP?

Here is another app you can try out and see if it works. Now, it does run on your phone so you may run the risk of overwriting at least a small section of what may be a picture, but it's worth a shot if you want your pictures back that badly. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....apps.undelete
    It only mounts a MTP or PTP. I cant find any PC based programs to recover from anything that isn't assigned a drive letter such as "F:/"
    I also tried that program and its the one that wont go past "Enumerating devices"

EDIT: I tired a program just now called PTPdrive, which lets you mount a PTP/MTP device as a drive, but it only copies current content temporarily and id not work with a recovery program such as Recuva
    Last edited by TacoLord187; 05-28-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    If you accidentally deleted your cherish pictures on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Please don't worry. There is always a way to solve your problem. Android Data Recovery is my recommendation. No matter what kinds of Android phones you are using, it all supports.
    Android Data Recovery is designed for Android users to retrieve lost photos, music, images, videos and other multimedia files. The program will find the deleted photos and allow you to preview the photos in thumbnail image or full image. Then you can recover deleted photos on Samsung device selectively without worrying about regaining the wrong photos.

Remove Ads

Ads