Register

Phone won't turn on and overheats while charging

This is a discussion on Phone won't turn on and overheats while charging within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi there. I've had my GN since the day they were released on Verizon (mid-December 2011). I dropped it once back in January, but have ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

Thumbs up Phone won't turn on and overheats while charging

Hi there.

I've had my GN since the day they were released on Verizon (mid-December 2011). I dropped it once back in January, but have done nothing to it since then. It is not hacked or whatever, I have only downloaded legit apps from Google Play Store. I have occasionally noticed recently that turning on the phone requires me to hold down the power button a bit more than usual, but other than that, there have been no problems.

It was at 14% battery life tonight and when I went to pick it up to text a friend, it seemed to have turned itself off. I did a battery pull twice (couldn't get my SIM card out though) and held down the power button for 30 seconds, power button with volume buttons, etc. It was still unresponsive.

I plugged it in to charge (confirmed the outlet is working) with the original wall charger and I'm glad I came back to check on it because it was overheating. The phone was almost too hot to touch. I immediately unplugged it and took the battery out and had a small verbal outburst.

I've been reading similar issues on this forum and others, and I'm fairly certain I'm going to have to send in for a replacement. I guess my main question here is whether I should go through Samsung or Verizon (I bought it at a Verizon booth at BJ's Wholesale). I'm probably going to lose all my pictures and whatnot, too, I imagine.

Any advice/commiserating would be greatly appreciated (although I'm not sure how I'll check the forums throughout the day without my phone *grumble grumble*).

2. # ADS
    Ads

Ads