Register

Samsung Galaxy Nexus won't boot staying on splash screen

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Nexus won't boot staying on splash screen within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus it's only a month old I have not done anything to it all stock, i have searched everywhere ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Samsung Galaxy Nexus won't boot staying on splash screen

Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus it's only a month old I have not done anything to it all stock, i have searched everywhere but can't find my specific problem any help would be great, it's from Rogers if that helps

Today for No reason at all it just starting restarting for no reason a couple times, after a couple times rebooting, now it won't even go past the fancy splash screen i had it plugged in for an hour now, and its still loading i tryed taking out the battery for 15 minutes and sin card, but still same thing. And I also tryed deleteing casche, starting in safe mode, and the only option left is the factory reset, what i want to know is there ANYTHING i can do to save the data on it like the pictures and stuff in the /sdcard folder, since its nexus it is not removable, the pictures i have on there are important, i was going to do a backup to my pc muliple times but never did , Anyone please help me thanks allot appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    There are some third party apps in the play store that might be able to retrieve them later. As far as factory data reset try going into bootloader by volume up + down, and power button. Navigate to recovery with volume buttons and select with power. You should have android laying down. Press all three buttons again, you should now be in factory recovery mode. Wipe cache then do reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I can't install apps cause my phone won't boot now, and I don't want to do a reset becayse it will delete the /sdcard folder, is there anyway to save all the pictures and videos before i do the reset??

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    No there is not. You are just going to have to take your chances with trying the apps after you do a reset.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    OK ill do that thanks for confirming, do you have any suggestions for apps ?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    I've never used any but some users were talking about Hexamob. You must be rooted (I think) in order to use that app. I'm not sure you want to dive into this unless they are that important. See THIS thread.

Milky Way
    Member #
    yeah pictures very important ill try anything i can, thanks ill look into it

Remove Ads

Ads