Register

Help - Recover Data when android wont boot

This is a discussion on Help - Recover Data when android wont boot within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; well the good news is now you're rooted.. which you sounded like me.. didn't want to root, I refrained from Jan until early April.. but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help - Recover Data when android wont boot

Milky Way
    Member #
    well the good news is now you're rooted.. which you sounded like me.. didn't want to root, I refrained from Jan until early April.. but after hearing of the GSM gnex's getting 4.0.4 a few weeks back, and having been teased browsing threads of rooted users running the LTE gnex 4.0.4 leak and how great of an update it was I threw my hands in the air and rooted..

well I know I'm an idiot because I read 4 months of "stop questing if you should root, and just root, once you do you'll question why it took you so long" and it still took me that long to root... I rooted my DX for the same reason, moto was taking forever to push 2.3 so I had this idea in my head of what I'd gain with rooting, but wow.. I went with AOKP29 (at the time) because I can't stand ROMs that change the general look of ICS because ics looks perfect and it is SOOOO much more than I imagined.. I now have features I cannot live without.. and the "ROM control" feature literally allows you to make what I thought was perfect (Stock Android 4.0) flat out incredible... Ability to add battery percentage overlapping the battery icon, check.. completely customizeable action toggles in the pull down navi menu (can you say split second LTE on/off switch without even needing to unlock the phone?), setting to allow the phone to rotate 180 degrees (I utilize the car dock 4 hours a day), ability to completely customize the soft navigation buttons (can you say 'long time no see search button'?", tons of lock screen options (I just added two additional selections of sound on/off, and MMS, in addition to the stock camera and unlock), ability to 'wait to unlock' for a length of time you choose (I set it for 1 minute even if I manually lock my phone it will turn back on without having to swipe again), tons of power saving features (I refuse to not utilize features for the sake of battery life, so power saving options such as automatically turning LTE off after a set amount of time of the screen being off, because why would you need LTE when your screen is off, 3G is fine to keep notifications sync'd, and you can even have it drop to 1x.. I set it for 2 minutes of screen off drop to 3G, I have my CPU set to ondemand, so it ranges from 350mhz to 1250mhz depending on the task.. when I'm text messaging I don't need 1.25ghz, 350mhz will be fine and I will take no performance decrease.. then the torch feature that allows you to hold the power button while your screen is off for 5 seconds then your camera flash stays lit as a flashlight until you let go of the power button), ability in keyboard settings to use volume rocker to move the cursor up/down a space each click when you're in typing mode, because black screens use less power than lighter screens I installed inverted (black themed) stock MMS and gmail apps, it is also easier on the eyes.. then AOKP just builds on top of ICS with features that are built in like the ability to use the phone while in a call and when doing this you can end the call by pulling down the navi bar and pressing the end call button, your contact's picture appears in the notification menu to the left of the notification in the notification pull down bar, when typing a phone number in there is a add to contacts icon that appears (in stock you have to take a couple of steps to add the number you type in the dialer), also when you type a number manually in the dialer instead of just one 'prediction' match showing up an arrow appears that you can click and it will show 10 of the closest matches (useful in case you only remember a few numbers of a phone number)

and this all leads me to the point of backups and access to the root of the 'sdcard' of the nexus.. can you say backups glore? You will never again lose your data, and you can download titanium backup and backup all settings and app settings so if you ever format or switch roms it's a 2 minute 1 click process to restore your phone back to how it was before the format.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    karmasyde
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompressorv12 View Post
    well the good news is now you're rooted.. which you sounded like me.. didn't want to root, I refrained from Jan until early April.. but after hearing of the GSM gnex's getting 4.0.4 a few weeks back, and having been teased browsing threads of rooted users running the LTE gnex 4.0.4 leak and how great of an update it was I threw my hands in the air and rooted..

well I know I'm an idiot because I read 4 months of "stop questing if you should root, and just root, once you do you'll question why it took you so long" and it still took me that long to root... I rooted my DX for the same reason, moto was taking forever to push 2.3 so I had this idea in my head of what I'd gain with rooting, but wow.. I went with AOKP29 (at the time) because I can't stand ROMs that change the general look of ICS because ics looks perfect and it is SOOOO much more than I imagined.. I now have features I cannot live without.. and the "ROM control" feature literally allows you to make what I thought was perfect (Stock Android 4.0) flat out incredible... Ability to add battery percentage overlapping the battery icon, check.. completely customizeable action toggles in the pull down navi menu (can you say split second LTE on/off switch without even needing to unlock the phone?), setting to allow the phone to rotate 180 degrees (I utilize the car dock 4 hours a day), ability to completely customize the soft navigation buttons (can you say 'long time no see search button'?", tons of lock screen options (I just added two additional selections of sound on/off, and MMS, in addition to the stock camera and unlock), ability to 'wait to unlock' for a length of time you choose (I set it for 1 minute even if I manually lock my phone it will turn back on without having to swipe again), tons of power saving features (I refuse to not utilize features for the sake of battery life, so power saving options such as automatically turning LTE off after a set amount of time of the screen being off, because why would you need LTE when your screen is off, 3G is fine to keep notifications sync'd, and you can even have it drop to 1x.. I set it for 2 minutes of screen off drop to 3G, I have my CPU set to ondemand, so it ranges from 350mhz to 1250mhz depending on the task.. when I'm text messaging I don't need 1.25ghz, 350mhz will be fine and I will take no performance decrease.. then the torch feature that allows you to hold the power button while your screen is off for 5 seconds then your camera flash stays lit as a flashlight until you let go of the power button), ability in keyboard settings to use volume rocker to move the cursor up/down a space each click when you're in typing mode, because black screens use less power than lighter screens I installed inverted (black themed) stock MMS and gmail apps, it is also easier on the eyes.. then AOKP just builds on top of ICS with features that are built in like the ability to use the phone while in a call and when doing this you can end the call by pulling down the navi bar and pressing the end call button, your contact's picture appears in the notification menu to the left of the notification in the notification pull down bar, when typing a phone number in there is a add to contacts icon that appears (in stock you have to take a couple of steps to add the number you type in the dialer), also when you type a number manually in the dialer instead of just one 'prediction' match showing up an arrow appears that you can click and it will show 10 of the closest matches (useful in case you only remember a few numbers of a phone number)

and this all leads me to the point of backups and access to the root of the 'sdcard' of the nexus.. can you say backups glore? You will never again lose your data, and you can download titanium backup and backup all settings and app settings so if you ever format or switch roms it's a 2 minute 1 click process to restore your phone back to how it was before the format.
    is this the part where we ask you "what took you so long?" Hehe (joke)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Mujibar likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompressorv12 View Post
    Sounds like you really like your phone setup

Now that I have unlocked and rooted will I still get over the air updates to ICS from my carrier? (Bell Mobility).

I'm running 4.0.1 on the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus. What application should I use to upgrade to something newer? I see a few options such as 12. Boot or Flash .img Files and 6. Flash CWM Recovery, Standard or Touch..

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by blelieveld View Post
    I unlocked and rooted the phone. Installed the hexamob software, but it does not see any devices. Maybe it does not support internal memory devices and just SD? I have emailed the developer. thanks.
    Did you end up getting it to work? I got the same problem here... Did the developer reply?

Milky Way
    Member #
    One thing to be tried is a hard-reset (don't confuse this with a factory-reset): Remove the battery for a minute (optionally longer), then re-insert it and try again. There's a little chance this helps, so it's worth a try.
    More information check: http://www.recovery-android.com/
    Last edited by sandywenty; 08-15-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    If you use Android Phone,
    You can recover lost,deleted or formatted files from Android mobile phone like this:
    1. Do not save any new files into the memory card of your phone.
    2. Connect it with computer. You should see memory card shown as a drive letter
    3. Download Android Data Recovery into your computer.
    4. Install and open the program, select your memory drive, and click 'Start' button to start scanning process which will find your files.
    Here is a tutorial I found in the website.
    How can I recover lost data from Android phone
    Last edited by gabrielabrian; 04-02-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    There are ways for you to restore all your deleted files back from this Android Phone.

1). Have you made a backup of your Android Phone data on the Clouds or other drives?
    If you have, you can absolutely copy them all back from the backup.
    2). Apply a third-party data recovery program
    But, unfortunately, you have not made any backup. A android data recovery program can help you out as long as these photos have not been overwritten by anything new on the same phone memory card.
    So, what you should do now is to choose a proper program for your files.

But, if you are not familiar with data recovery stuff, you can firstly use some memory card data recovery freeware that can deeply scan your card and restore your data.
    Last edited by CookMalan; 02-20-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It seems there are some android recovery software which can solve your problem.You can search the keyword recover android data on the web to find the great solution.Or you can get some android recovery apps from CNET and Softonic .
    How to regain lost contacts from android cell phone
    Last edited by Wxghlii; 07-21-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Don't need to worry when you accidentally lost your data from Android phone. You can recover deleted photos, videos, contacts or other files by using a good Android recovery tool - Android Data Recovery.
    Last edited by Werfkjl; 06-27-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Have you tried some professional recovery methods, like diskdigger or Recuva, to get into the internal storage of your device?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads