[HOW TO] Return to Stock Using Odin (VZW LTE ONLY)
Do you need to return your phone to your carrier but don't need them to know that it was ever rooted? Have you flashed mods to your phone so many times that "something's just not right" and you simply want to start over? Are you stuck in a bootloop? This guide will help you easily return to stock ICS. Please read the instructions and make sure you understand them before proceeding. As always I nor this forum are not responsible for massive destruction of your device.
VZW: ICL53F 4.0.2 toro
NOTE 1: You do NOT need to be rooted in order to return your phone to stock (but you probably wouldn't be doing this if you weren't rooted).
NOTE 2: Make sure that you have the Samsung drivers already loaded on your computer. You can download them from the link below if you need them.
NOTE 3: This process will return your phone to an unrooted, stock build. When finished, you will have the stock ROM, kernel, modem, system files, as well as stock recovery. All user data will be erased.
NOTE 4: If you want to lock the bootloader to return to your carrier check the Flash Lock.
NOTE 5: If you are trying to use this to get OTA updates there are way easier ways to do it. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Odin if you don't already have it. It is recommended you use the latest version of odin v1.85.
Samsung USB driver: Samsung_USB_Driver
Verizon Wireless i515 USB driver: Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1.4 .6.0 - Minus (if needed)
Download the stock package from (place this file somewhere on your computer where you can easily locate it).
VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed.tar> Used for PDA button
VzW-PHONE-ODIN-SCH-I515.EK02_LTE.tar> Used for PHONE button
1. Open Odin on your PC. Put your phone into download mode (power off then push volume down + power button will get you there). Connect your phone and you should get a highlight in the ID:COM window which confirms connection.
2. Click the PDA button in Odin (NOT the PHONE button) and navigate to file you downloaded earlier and select that file.
3. Click “PHONE” tab and select the Phone file.
4. Click START. When this process has finished, you'll be notified in Odin (succeeded 1 / failed 0) and your phone's screen will go blank.
5. Unplug your phone. Power the phone on and let it boot completely.
At this point, your phone will be running stock ICS (latest files).
You can now safely return your phone to your carrier ... or you can root it & flash a custom ROM.