Help... stuck at google screen!
Hoping for some help. Here is my story...
I was having mediascanner wakelock issues on the latest codename rom 1.6. The phone wasn't deep sleeping. I read somewhere that someone had luck by wiping the sd card, wiping data and rebooting. So I copied the contents to my laptop and proceeded to do exactly that. I rebooted to recovery, wiped data and rebooted system. Well, as my title states... I am stuck! I can get into fastboot but I don't know what to do. I downloaded Wug's root toolkit but don't know how to proceed. Can someone please help?
03-29-2012 11:17 AM
Have you tried reflashing Codename in clockworkmod? That would be the first thing to try...wipe data, reflash ROM...or restore a backup if you have one.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
See that is my problem... I moved the contents of my sdcard to my laptop. So there is no rom, no backup... nothing.
Are you sure it wiped your sd card? If you wiped data in clockworkmod recovery, the contents of your internal sdcard should still be there. Clockworkmod won't wipe that...it only wipes the sdcard if you are using stock recovery.
Yes... I'm the idiot that wiped it. I read that wiping it would fix the wakelock issue. So thats what I did. I moved the contents to my laptop. So it is completely bare!
I didn't use clockwork recovery to do this. I plugged the phone into my computer and manually moved the files over.
Last edited by brickmaster; 03-29-2012 at 11:47 AM.
dose your computer recognize your phone? if so you might have to unroot and start all over ...also you said you put all the contents on your come...so in recovery theres nothing there?
It's odd to me that a data wipe would cause it to not boot...it's usually the opposite. Try booting into clockworkmod and wipe data, wipe cache partition, and go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache...see if it will boot up after that.
If not, there are a few methods to restore to stock, and we can help you through that. What method did you use to root?
Ok... just tried that and still stuck at google screen for 5 minutes. The method I used to root is here... [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com but the machine I used to root is 3 states away. So no, my laptop does't seem to recognize when I plug it in. Looks like I need complete instructions on how to restore. If there is such a thing!
You can use Wug's toolkit since you have it downloaded...just follow the instructions from the OP here (quoted below)...http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/foru...t-toolkit.html
The option you want to select after following the instructions is "Flash Stock + Unroot".
- Do not plug in your device until this program prompts you too!
- Install the program by double clicking the GnexRootToolkit.sfx.exe
- This will extract the contents to %HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit
- Place a shortcuts on your Desktop
- Launch the program for first use
- Use the "Drivers" option to make sure all your drivers get configured properly.
- This is a crucial step. Nothing else will work otherwise, so make sure your drivers are properly configured before you try doing anything else with this program.
- Follow the onscreen driver instructions carefully and you should have no problems.
- Then whenever you need to go back to square one just use the "Flash stock + Unroot" and "OEM lock" features.
- Remember that this option can also be used if you completely brick.
- This should bring you back to a fully locked stock factory state.
I can give u instruction if u use gnexus toolkit v.5 from xda. but other than that i can't. i'never used .wug before
Brick Count: Zero
- Galaxy Nexus LTE: Resold it to Verizon.
- Verizon Galaxy Note2: Rooted / Jelly Beans Build 1 rom / wifi-tethering