Register

Boot Loop [Stock Nexus]

This is a discussion on Boot Loop [Stock Nexus] within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Previously, I had Verizon switch on my old Samsung Fascinate when the Nexus took a nose-dive. Well, it turns out Verizon retired my SIM card ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Boot Loop [Stock Nexus]

Milky Way
    Member #
    Previously, I had Verizon switch on my old Samsung Fascinate when the Nexus took a nose-dive. Well, it turns out Verizon retired my SIM card when they switched me over to my old phone so I have to wait until they open up in 5 hours so that I can go get a new SIM. I guess that means I get to do some customization before I head out there. Phone boots again. Thanks to you, Stephen (for sticking with me through this). To answer your question, I have never used CWM Recovery.
    I have, now. That was super easy to use. Props to Koush on that little gem. Root is restored.

Now I get to go back to VZW, hand them my unlocked and rooted little devil, and tell them to give me a new SIM. What a fantastic day!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    That's great news. Really glad I was able to help. You oughta be just about unstoppable with that thing now. That recovery is also what you'd use to flash custom ROMs, kernels, other mods etc. They'd just require wipes here and there. Your phone will have reverted to the stock recovery now that you've booted it. You can check the install instructions here for getting the custom recovery installed permanently if you want to get into the development scene even further. Plenty of great stuff around.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    I just checked, the phone did not revert to the stock recovery. It's still got CWMR installed. I'm not complaining. But I've never understood what all this talk about custom ROMs was all about. I mean, the only real reasons I need root are so I can backup everything and so I can run my wifi-tether. Maybe I just don't know enough about what the Android OS is capable of. I'm just left scratching my head when I hear people talk about their phones getting flashed more than the GirlsGoneWild cameraman. Maybe you know of a post that details what I "need" to do with my phone (with a custom ROM) that I'm not doing now... and why?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    As far as ROMs go the draw is with customization. You can do things like adding search and/or menu softkeys to your navigation bar, change the order and color of those softkeys, add toggles to the pulldown, change the style and order of those toggles, choose which ones show and which don't, different options for what your battery display looks like and where it's at, custom carrier text, custom power button menu options, among many other things. Each ROM has it's own settings based on what the developer has included and they'll update every so often with new options and features. That's why everyone is always changing all the time. They're also fine tuned behind the scenes and are widely accepted as being faster, smoother, crisper running. Probably the best place to be able to see all of the different things you can do is the screenshot thread. Probably start on the last page and work backwards since there wasn't anything cool out for the first couple weeks of the phone's existence haha.
    knmb323 likes this.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    Help please... I was watching tv and noticed that my GN rebooted on its own. Now it's stuck in a permanent loop. I disabled the data completely, muted audio, and while I try to clear browser cache, there's not enough time for "calculating" and the phone goes into the loop. I have not had many issues with the random reboots. I got my GN from Negri. Does anyone know how the warranty is handled on this thing. I deeply hate skinned androids and I was happy with this phone. Can anyone help with the look reboot. It happened out of the blue. I dread the thought of hard reset (I don't want to loose my photos). HELP please...

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Are you able to get into cwm?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ordxpres View Post
    Help please... I was watching tv and noticed that my GN rebooted on its own. Now it's stuck in a permanent loop. I disabled the data completely, muted audio, and while I try to clear browser cache, there's not enough time for "calculating" and the phone goes into the loop. I have not had many issues with the random reboots. I got my GN from Negri. Does anyone know how the warranty is handled on this thing. I deeply hate skinned androids and I was happy with this phone. Can anyone help with the look reboot. It happened out of the blue. I dread the thought of hard reset (I don't want to loose my photos). HELP please...
    First question is are you rooted or stock? Have you pulled the battery and tried to reboot? If rooted, do you have a backup you can restore? If stock, you may very well need to do a factory reset. Since you bought it from Negri, I presume it's a GSM phone?

Tap'd on my GNex

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Ads