Register

Kernel wakelock draining my battery

This is a discussion on Kernel wakelock draining my battery within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; So I posted this in the Help section but I realized this was a better spot for it. Verizion, rooted, unlocked, AOKP M3, franc 15.2. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Kernel wakelock draining my battery

So I posted this in the Help section but I realized this was a better spot for it.

Verizion, rooted, unlocked, AOKP M3, franc 15.2.

This is what I posted before.

My phone from the get go has had horrible battery life. I figured it was normal and decided to root and unlock so I can run some better Roms and kernels. As of right now I am using AOKP M3 and Franco 15.2 and updated radios. However no matter what rom or kernel I use, even stock I have a really bad kernel lock issue that keeps my phone awake 100% of the time. The lock that is the problem is a kernel lock called modem_usb_suspend_block. I have tried every trick in the book to get my battery to last even just 8 hours with maybe 10 min of screen time. Camera trick, bt toggle, Disable drm content provider, maps, G+, Talk, Currents and messenger. I turn off the screen sounds, lock sounds, google backup, alarms and location services. I have toggled usb tether on and off, wifi tether on and off and have set wifi sleep policy to never. I have great signal, and have 4g turned off, bt turned off, I don't have wifi around me so I don't have that turned on. This has also been an issue when I have no apps installed except for BBS and CPU spy. So no it is not a rouge app like everybody likes to blame. If you also have had this issue just chime in, so I don't feel like I bought a $600 dollar lemon. Oh and on Verizon if it makes any difference.

If anybody has any ideas of how to fix this please help me. This is making my phone become very unusable off the charger.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Sounds like you've tried about everything I would have to offer. Strange that the problem persists through multiple ROM/kernel setups. Unless someone has a better suggestion, I'd return the phone to stock and if it indeed will not go to sleep, take it back to Verizon and get a new one.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Hi mustafaluigi. I've read your post about this in the other thread as well as on the other sites you have been posting. Unfortunately I have no answer for your question. If you truly believe that your phone is not going to sleep because of wakelock then you can actually monitor your wake up count in /sys/power/wakeup_count. You can also look at wake_lock and wake_unlock in same folder to see what processes are allowed in their respective folders. I would do what Stephen suggested and get it back to stock and perhaps take it back. Also have you registered your device with Samsung? Might be a good idea if you ever had to send it to Samsung. Good luck.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    how do i view those files, not sure what type of file they are. And i bought the phone used on ebay, so not sure what my return options are.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    I use root explorer and it gives the option to view it as text.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    in wake lock the only thing is powermanagerservice, unlock is key events client 0interface efsd-interface radio-interface secril_fmt-interface and secril_rfs-interface, wakeup count just shows 0

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mustafaluigi View Post
    in wake lock the only thing is powermanagerservice, unlock is key events client 0interface efsd-interface radio-interface secril_fmt-interface and secril_rfs-interface, wakeup count just shows 0
    That's exactly what I have. I am on stock rom rooted. IMO I really don't think it's a wakelock issue. May I ask what leads you to believe that is the issue? Is that app better battery stats telling you so?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Mine reads the same on AOKP/Trinity. I saw that you use CPU Spy, what does it say for the Deep Sleep state?
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #

that is after 1 hour and 14 minutes of it just sitting there with the screen off.

I just realized this was right before i updated everything, but it still hasn't changed
    Last edited by mustafaluigi; 02-06-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    Mine reads the same on AOKP/Trinity. I saw that you use CPU Spy, what does it say for the Deep Sleep state?
    not used, ever. I have to change my franco kernel lower limit just to squeeze a few more moments out of the battery because at all times it is sitting at the lowest frequency

Ads