Register

Galaxy Nexus VZW Bricked??

This is a discussion on Galaxy Nexus VZW Bricked?? within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I upgraded from a Droid X 3 days ago. I used Wux's Toolkit to unlock and root and all went very well. I rebooted the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Galaxy Nexus VZW Bricked??

I upgraded from a Droid X 3 days ago. I used Wux's Toolkit to unlock and root and all went very well. I rebooted the phone in an attempt to see the MyBackup files on my computer running Win7. At the boot animation, the screen, I will call it "jiggled"...the image had lots of broken lines appearing. The reboot never completed and I did a battery pull. Now, the phone will not do anything until after the battery has been removed and then replaced after waiting several minutes. Holding the power button it shows the Google screen with an open lock symbol for a few seconds. Then the screen "jiggles" for a few seconds and goes blank. The boot does not complete. Debugging was checked before the problem started but I cannot check that now.
    After removing and reinstalling the battery, holding up and down volume and power button opens bootloader mode. Sometimes the volume keys will scroll thru the options but very soon the screen will "jiggle" and the phone locks up. The same happens with down volume and power button.
    Some of the time, the computer will try to identify the phone but it says that the USB device is malfunctioning. I have removed and reinstalled the drivers several times with the Toolkit but the Toolkit will not recognize the phone.
    The Toolkit just recognized the phone after removing & reinstalling the battery and entering bootloader mode! The Toolkit finished the first step of Flashing Stock + Unrooting by "sending bootloader". Then it stopped on "sending radio". The phone screen also started to "jiggle".
    I really don't know what to do next.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Charlie

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Welcome to the forum Charlie. I'm not too sure what's going on as I'm not too familiar with the tool kit. An alternate way to get back to stock is this. [ODIN][ROM][ICL53F][FACTORY] Full Factory ODIN restore 4.0.2 with radios - unrooted - RootzWiki.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I forgot to mention that I tried Odin and I cannot get it to recognize the phone. Should it see the phone just by opening Odin?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Then your issue has to do with the drivers not being set. I will get you links.

Edit: Look at section II. Has many the links for the drivers. PDA net drivers works well for most.

http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how...droid-devices/
    Last edited by paul_gyver; 01-29-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thank you, I am working on it.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    No problem. Holler if you have any more questions!

Milky Way
    Member #
    Installing PDaNet did not help.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Try this driver. With this driver odin should recognize your phone.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...SCH-I515MSAVZW

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 07Dually View Post
    I forgot to mention that I tried Odin and I cannot get it to recognize the phone. Should it see the phone just by opening Odin?
    The phone has to be in Download mode first, did you do that? Volume down + Power.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    So far, I cannot get Odin or SDK to recognize the phone. It is recognized by Device Manager and Wug's Toolkit but I can't get the toolkit to complete the process to unroot the phone.
    Sometimes it will go into Recovery Mode and I have tried a factory reset but that would not finish either.
    Everything seems to stop when the screen becomes distorted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads