Register

clearing cache?

This is a discussion on clearing cache? within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hey folks, first, thank you all for taking time to help those of us not able to devote the time to achieve The same level ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clearing cache?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

clearing cache?

Hey folks, first, thank you all for taking time to help those of us not able to devote the time to achieve
    The same level of expertise as you. This it's my second androd device (third if you count two
    weeks with a RAZR) i am running a stock nexus. On my DX, i would clear the cache weekly. Pwr and
    Home button, both volume keys etc. how do i routinely clear the cache on my nexus. Looking forward
    Too rooting my DX just to get more android savvy before rooting the nexus. Thanks again to all of
    You for being there to assist those of us less gifted in the ways of the android.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I am using Dolphin HD Browser instead of stock browser.. When you close/exit the browser it will ask you if you want to clear cache...
    Last edited by Gremlin; 01-03-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    Hey folks, first, thank you all for taking time to help those of us not able to devote the time to achieve
    The same level of expertise as you. This it's my second androd device (third if you count two
    weeks with a RAZR) i am running a stock nexus. On my DX, i would clear the cache weekly. Pwr and
    Home button, both volume keys etc. how do i routinely clear the cache on my nexus. Looking forward
    Too rooting my DX just to get more android savvy before rooting the nexus. Thanks again to all of
    You for being there to assist those of us less gifted in the ways of the android.
    volume keys and power, hold both , then your in recovery

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    With the phone off, hold both volume keys and press the power button while holding them. Navigate to recovery and press power. Sometimes it doesn't go into recovery like it's suppose to, but if you press the buttons again it will go. Then you can clear cache.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Wasn't there and app for this for rooted device? Cache cleaner or something. Will look it up and confirm later.

Edit- wait...just read the OP fully. NVM I read it wrong.
    ~পরিব্রাজক~

He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.- W. Blake

Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nF3rn0 View Post
    Wasn't there and app for this for rooted device? Cache cleaner or something. Will look it up and confirm later.

Edit- wait...just read the OP fully. NVM I read it wrong.
    On my DX I used Quick App Manager to clean application cache (works for non rooted devices). It's an excellent app but it didn't seem quite ICS ready or was taking longer than I thought it should. I've been cleaning app cache individually.

Any opinions on how frequently to clean app cache? And what about the cache in the OP? I used to clean that regularly with the dx because it would lag after a time but I don't see any need yet with the GN.

Sent from my stock non-rooted Nexus

Aquarius
    Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    On my DX I used Quick App Manager to clean application cache (works for non rooted devices). It's an excellent app but it didn't seem quite ICS ready or was taking longer than I thought it should. I've been cleaning app cache individually.

Any opinions on how frequently to clean app cache? And what about the cache in the OP? I used to clean that regularly with the dx because it would lag after a time but I don't see any need yet with the GN.

Sent from my stock non-rooted Nexus
    +1. I have been using Quick App Manager since I came to the Android circle when the DX came out July 2010. It works very well and reliably.

It got stuck clearing all cache before I rooted. But after I rooted, it works as normal. Can someone verify that it wasn't just my phone that got hung while unrooted?

I don't really see a need to clear cache on a regular basis like on (all of) Moto's phones, either on my G-Nex. At least not yet. Got mine on 21 Dec. And only cleared cache twice - once before rooting, got hung up. And once after rooting, worked flawless as normal - just to test it out.

I haven't gotten gummed up yet either, Holly. Like I would have (several times over) on my DX, DX2, and Bionic when I don't clear the cache.

Just goes to show you, Moto, you're not the be-all-end-all like your stupid CEO thinks you are. You may have great hardware. But your system and persistence on cluttering the OS with Blur and other needless garbage just screws it all up. I am getting 100x better performance on my G-Nex. And I am only rooted/unlocked so far. Still stock ROM and no mods as of yet. I am reading a lot first to get acquainted with having a REAL Android experience. Not a Motogoogla or Googorola experience.

*Edited

Last edited by MeadowMuffin; 01-04-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Remember: Never, ever fart in your bunker gear.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I was using Cache cleaner NG on my rooted DX. But it does not work on GN yet. Might give Quick App Manager a try.
    ~পরিব্রাজক~

He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.- W. Blake

Ads