Register

wifi issue unlike others..

This is a discussion on wifi issue unlike others.. within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi everyone, I'm new here and although I've searched the forum a bit, I don't see an issue quite like mine. I've had my nexus ...

Milky Way
    Member #

wifi issue unlike others..

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and although I've searched the forum a bit, I don't see an issue quite like mine.

I've had my nexus for over a year and until about 2 months ago, everything was perfect on it. Now I'm running into a really annoying issue..

My phone has always connected properly to my home and work wifi. Now, as of 2 months ago, for some reason it WILL NOT connect to my works wifi at all. Its frustrating because its not like I can just ask them to turn off or restart their network and I don't even think thats the issue because it seems like my phone is the only one that wont connect out of my whole department (and most of them have verizon android phones as well).
    Whenever I try to connect, I get full service wifi bars but it just stays on "connecting...", then sometimes it will cycle through saying "connecting..." and "obtaining IP address..." and "saving IP address...". Sometimes it will say "poor service avoided" and I know that I don't get poor wifi connection here.

I didn't do anything or change anything on my phone, that I know of. Unless maybe this is just the fault of some auto update?? I don't even really know much about the technical side of my phone or what version of what is updated and running but I do install updates when they appear so I'm really just at a loss of what this could be and I've searched the internet w/ no such luck and I've tried restarting and taking the battery out etc...
    I wouldn't care so much if I wasn't trying to watch my data limits and it makes no sense to have my phone running off 4G every day for 9 hrs when I used to so easily connect to the wifi here..
    My last resort is going into Verizon but if I can't find an answer here, I suppose I'll go there tonight.

Thanks for any help!!!

Tracey

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Also, I'm sorry but I don't know the difference between rooted and stock or else I would've stated it in my post.

Remove Ads

Ads