Register

Screenwise Panel Offer from Google?

This is a discussion on Screenwise Panel Offer from Google? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Has anyone here on the forums heard of or received an offer from GfK and Google regarding a long-term panel? Checked the mail today and ...

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Screenwise Panel Offer from Google?

Has anyone here on the forums heard of or received an offer from GfK and Google regarding a long-term panel? Checked the mail today and had a large envelope from some random company, about threw it out immediately except on the back flap it also had Google on it. Opened it up and there were 5 $1 bills that, as far as I can tell, are real. Apparently they want to send me a wireless router that I'd install and they'd monitor my internet usage, collect data on what I use the internet for, who knows. Apparently they'll give me a $20 gift when I confirm I want to participate and then after I install the router that they send they'll pay me $100. After that, they say they'll pay me at least $30 and up to $50 or more each month I participate.

Anyone seen, done, or heard about this? Sounds cool but I don't know if I want to install a physical piece of hardware into my network... I mean, sure they could see me looking at GNF, Android sites, Caturday pictures... but what about my Gmail, bank accounts, and other sensitive things? Or even my relatively "safe" files on my external drive?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Question for the computer/network know-hows on the forum... would a setup like this keep my data private assuming I obviously don't look at anything sensitive on the tablet?
    I assume I should be able to run ethernet out of my main router and into the internet port of the new data-mining router with a static IP? From the researcher's view, it'd just be 1 tablet contributing data (mostly just Netflix, page surfing, music streaming, etc.) and any private data, say a bank account, that I access on my desktop or smartphone would not be included? Thoughts?

I'm willing to contribute statistics for the cash, just not all of it haha!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Anyone? I've been told by an IT guy at work that it would work, but if a company as large as Google and all of its knowledge wanted to, they could still get my data.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Screenwise Panel Offer from Google?

I am interested in something like this can u give me their reference pleaze

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I didn't sign up for it, I was randomly selected for this. I've read that you can sign up for a smaller version where you just install a plug-in into your browser and they pay you $5 up front in form of an Amazon gift card and then another $5 every 3 months as long as you participate. I don't know where or how you'd sign up for the more advanced router panel.
    Google

Remove Ads

Ads