Register

Let's show our appreciation

This is a discussion on Let's show our appreciation within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I'm thinking of starting a movement of sorts for Android. Often times, we use apps from developers, or themes/icons/wallpapers/etc. from people and don't think twice ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By fish1552
  • 1 Post By powurplayr
  • 1 Post By smileyanz
  • 5 Post By fish1552

Thread: Let's show our appreciation

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552

Question Let's show our appreciation

I'm thinking of starting a movement of sorts for Android. Often times, we use apps from developers, or themes/icons/wallpapers/etc. from people and don't think twice about it. They often do all this work without asking for money. Well, as a thank you to those dedicated people, I propose we all choose at least 1 of those people/groups to thank this December with a donation of some sort. Be it $1 or $20 or anytying you can affor, I say we all take the time to thank those individuals that we anxiously wait all year for updates or whose things we just cannot live without. It doesn't matter who you choose to support, I propose we all just make it happen! For those members celebrating Christmas or other gift giving holidays, we often spend lots of money on family and friends - well let's consider our Android family & friends too and share the good tidings.

Let's show them that we DO appreciate their tireless work in improving our devices either internally or cosmetically. Let's do what we can to help make our little community of Android improvers even more dedicated and show them that the Android fanbase isn't just full of people who want everything for nothing and never show our appreciation. Let's use the end of 2012 (and every year here on out) to show them our support and help spread a little cheer. (To steal the Lexus tagline) Let's really make this "A December to Remember".

Feel free to share this and let's ALL help make this happen.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times

Re: Let's show our appreciation

I like I will support this for sure

~4GIVEN~

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    I have a couple of friends who are Android developers and I gotta tell you guys that it is shocking (to me at least) how little money they make off of their creations. Those "Donate" buttons you see on some sites are clicked by maybe one person in ten - only 10%! My one friend commented that a 12 year old kid with a good paper route makes more in a year that he does from his software creations. A sad state of affairs. So I'm all in favor of the idea!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v7.1.0 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    I used the hashtag #DevModAppreciationDay in Twitter and someone suggested we use a single day so they might know it comes from this day. So I chose December 11.

Please share with others and see how big we can make this. I want to see Android grow even better because of our devs & modders.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Brilliant fish! I'm definately on board with this idea! When I first started tweaking my GNEX I believed in supporting those that had helped this noob. Just their patience alone with me was worthy of donations.

So December 11th it is... Thanx for creating this!

(I couldn't wait fish...Just bought Wug & Sourcery a cup ) But more to come December 11th!
    Last edited by powurplayr; 11-23-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Nemo Aeternamn likes this.
    PowurPlayr
    Storm>DX>Galaxy Nexus>N7!
    Sláinte!

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times

Yeah I'm on board, A real nice appreciated idea which at times have crossed my mind how much these guys put themselves out for us! I know who I've got in mind but the thing is how's it going to work. What about making a kitty for them to share, or would that not be possible! Perhaps someone with a smart idea or perhaps just choose and pot luck what do you all think!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times

Wug and saucery as it happens there my two along with Franco

Nemo Aeternamn likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyanz View Post
    Yeah I'm on board, A real nice appreciated idea which at times have crossed my mind how much these guys put themselves out for us! I know who I've got in mind but the thing is how's it going to work. What about making a kitty for them to share, or would that not be possible! Perhaps someone with a smart idea or perhaps just choose and pot luck what do you all think!!!!!

There are ways you can send someone money using nothing but an email. I would say if you like someone's work - be it something as simple as a wallpaper they've made, a theme or app, just see if they post an email somewhere or if not see if they have one you can send something through.

I would shy away from a kitty concept as that would involve too many (hopefully) people to keep track of and then figuring out how to split things and possibly lead to other problems.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Today is the day to show your appreciation. Please let your favorite developer, themer, hacker, modder or graphic artist know you appreciate their hard work today.

Remove Ads

Ads