Register

Close-Minded People!

This is a discussion on Close-Minded People! within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Originally Posted by Mujibar It's not fragmented by design. It's fragmented by a free market. You also have an OS manufacturer who doesn't want to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Close-Minded People!

  1. #21
    Sirius
    Member #
    7653
    Liked
    33 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    It's not fragmented by design. It's fragmented by a free market. You also have an OS manufacturer who doesn't want to dictate what hardware manufacturers do. It's the same reason we have firmware overlays like Blur, Sense, and TouchWiz.

    Tappity-tap'd
    Saying "free market" is just another way of saying "fragmented" .....and it's these "firmware overlays" that are the BIG reason for the fragmentation. They turn android into something OTHER than Android. It's like Linux...it's open source & look at all the distros available because of it. YES the core is still Linux...but so is Mac & Windows...they both were born from Linux. They just made a "firmware overlay" to make it more palatable to the average user (of course they changed the coding quite a bit over the years too)...

    So thanks for proving my original point!

  2. #22
    Sirius
    Member #
    6447
    Liked
    43 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    It's not fragmented by design. It's fragmented by a free market. You also have an OS manufacturer who doesn't want to dictate what hardware manufacturers do. It's the same reason we have firmware overlays like Blur, Sense, and TouchWiz.

    Tappity-tap'd
    Big +1 to that Muji. After owning iPads (yes plural) and the kindle fire, I have gone back to the standard android tablets for this reason. I really like touchwiz on the latest GTab. It was a great way to customize honeycomb. But I also like that I can get the transformer and run pure ICS. And just playing around in the store with a Galaxy Note, I like the way they've customized it. You just don't get that with the other tablet and phone makers, and to me it's what makes android more enjoyable.
    Moto Droid | Fascinate | GTab | Charge | GNex | Asus TF201 ...
    Humorist, gadget geek, and lover of all things bacon.

    Ignore my screen name, call me Jeff!

  3. #23
    Rescue Squad
    Member #
    120
    Liked
    214 times
    Twitter
    popcenator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    752
    Sounds to me like its the manufacturer who's fragmented. Not android. You say Apple has one manufacturer yet the devices are just as spread as far as OS versions go, if not more. This means that its all up to Apple to get the devices up to date. Google updates the OS, but its up to Verizon and the manufacturer to bring it to the phone.

    on the move..
    jdpeters79 likes this.

  4. #24
    Sirius
    Member #
    7653
    Liked
    33 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by popcenator View Post
    Sounds to me like its the manufacturer who's fragmented. Not android. You say Apple has one manufacturer yet the devices are just as spread as far as OS versions go, if not more. This means that its all up to Apple to get the devices up to date. Google updates the OS, but its up to Verizon and the manufacturer to bring it to the phone.

    on the move..
    THANK YOU!

    This equals FRAGMENTATION!!!!!

  5. #25
    Sirius
    Member #
    6447
    Liked
    43 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    252
    *blinks... tries to remember the original purpose of the thread... goes back to eating bacon*

    Last edited by jdpeters79; 06-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    Moto Droid | Fascinate | GTab | Charge | GNex | Asus TF201 ...
    Humorist, gadget geek, and lover of all things bacon.

    Ignore my screen name, call me Jeff!

  6. #26
    Sirius
    Member #
    7653
    Liked
    33 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpeters79 View Post
    *blinks... tries to remember the original purpose of the thread... goes back to eating bacon*

    Actually right on track but thanks for caring

  7. #27
    Rescue Squad
    Member #
    120
    Liked
    214 times
    Twitter
    popcenator
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    752
    Yes, but it sounds like you're accusing Android the OS of being the reason..when its the manufacturer who is to blame.

    on the move..
    fish1552 likes this.

  8. #28
    Sirius
    Member #
    7653
    Liked
    33 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by popcenator View Post
    Yes, but it sounds like you're accusing Android the OS of being the reason..when its the manufacturer who is to blame.

    on the move..
    Well you can't blame an "object" of anything...All I said was that Android was FRAGMENTED...and I also stated that the manufacturers AND Google were to blame. The manufacturers because of the "firmware overlays" and Google for not putting SOME regulations on hardware/ & which version of Android to use. Having SOME guidelines won't make Android a CLOSED system...but it WILL unify the OS a bit. Google phones are the BEST example. They run as smooth as can be on Android (no more issues than iOS on an iPhone anyway)...look at all the forums with phones that manufacturers try to "customize"....those forums are FULL of problems. Yet come to this forum the number of issues are MUCH less...again not PERFECT but pure Android runs great on a phone designed by Google...just like iOS runs great on a phone designed by Apple.

  9. #29
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    26
    Liked
    1124 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    psl fla
    Posts
    5,908
    Either apple or android nothing is perfect somebody will ALWAYS complain..

    Tapped on Ray's xoom

  10. #30
    Administrator
    Member #
    7
    Liked
    1736 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,051
    OK, we're done here. Anybody who wants to start a "discussion" thread will keep it civil. Next time, infractions *will* be handed out. Clear?

    Tappity-tap'd

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Force close!
    By Carl0317 in forum Galaxy Nexus Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM
  2. Open/Close App button
    By svenmonet in forum Galaxy Nexus General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 06:27 AM
  3. Now that's a close up.....
    By nerdslogic in forum Galaxy Nexus Reviews
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 07:35 PM
  4. Force close
    By swalker in forum Off-Topic Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 09:04 PM
  5. So Close to doing this: How's the Camera ?
    By cynkrzy in forum Galaxy Nexus General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 09:50 AM

Search tags for this page

apple closed minded control

,

close minded

,

google+wallet apk

,

how to tame a closed minded person

,

problem with close minded people

,

problem with closed minded people

,

responses on closed minded people

,

the problem with close minded people

,

why iphone users are closed minded

,

www.how to approach closed minded people

Click on a term to search for related topics.