Register

Jailbreak released today for iOS 5.1.1

This is a discussion on Jailbreak released today for iOS 5.1.1 within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Hey everyone...I was just in contact with Mujibar regarding this thread. This is NOT here for iOS or Jailbreak support. It's just here to provide ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jailbreak released today for iOS 5.1.1

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Hey everyone...I was just in contact with Mujibar regarding this thread. This is NOT here for iOS or Jailbreak support. It's just here to provide information ABOUT it's release. If you need support please refer to the thread I posted above...The thread has been re-opened under those conditions so let's respect them!

Thank You!

and Getsome...Since I have both devices as well I get sick of the Android bashing over at the other site. I just despise "fanboy" attitude and think people are ignorant if they don't realize the benefits of both OS's...I've gotten into plenty of arguments on the iPad forums as well for this very reason...That's how threads like this get "shut down" because it can get out of hand. It happens all the time on the iPad forum. As you already know having both devices, each one has pluses & minuses and if used correctly both can be very powerful tools!

Sorry for snapping at you but it gets frustrating when these threads get closed down. we are here to learn & we should learn BOTH sides.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by two250 View Post
    Is it a tethered or untethered jailbreak?
    It is untethered since the TETHERED one has been out for some time now.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    It is untethered since the TETHERED one has been out for some time now.
    Cool, I'm a bit behind I'm still on a tethered jailbreak on 5.0.1!
    -Phones-
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus -Liquid JB-Imoseyon LeanKernel
    HTC Thunderbolt - LiquidSmooth 3.2-Imoseyon LeanKernel 5.1.0
    Motorola Droid X - Liberty 3 v2.0

-Tablets-
    Motorola Xoom - EOS ICS Nightly 90-Tiamat 3.0.11 ICS Kernel
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Stock

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    Hey everyone...I was just in contact with Mujibar regarding this thread. This is NOT here for iOS or Jailbreak support. It's just here to provide information ABOUT it's release. If you need support please refer to the thread I posted above...The thread has been re-opened under those conditions so let's respect them!

Thank You!

and Getsome...Since I have both devices as well I get sick of the Android bashing over at the other site. I just despise "fanboy" attitude and think people are ignorant if they don't realize the benefits of both OS's...I've gotten into plenty of arguments on the iPad forums as well for this very reason...That's how threads like this get "shut down" because it can get out of hand. It happens all the time on the iPad forum. As you already know having both devices, each one has pluses & minuses and if used correctly both can be very powerful tools!

Sorry for snapping at you but it gets frustrating when these threads get closed down. we are here to learn & we should learn BOTH sides.
    No worries. I just had to poke. Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Droid X- retired
    Galaxy Nexus- Tried everything JB and going back to Liquid ICS
    Xoom- EOS/Rogue kernel 1.5ghz
    Twitter- Getsome_122

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    well it took me a few times but I AM officially jailbroken on 5.1.1. I want to warn EVERYONE that the directions in the ReadMe file that comes with the JB is NOT totally accurate! It says to do a FULL Erase of Content BEFORE updating to 5.1.1. This is ONLY true if you are NOT CURRENTLY JAILBROKEN!!!! You will set off a endless loop & you will have to get into DFU mode to reflash the firmware!

Also, depending on how you are setup BEFORE restoring your saved backup after jailbreaking, you MAY want to restore BEFORE JB. I had a folder on the Dock with all my Jailbreak apps (Cydia, Installous, etc) AND I had the dock set to have 8 icons (stock was 5 I believe). Because you don't have your Cydia Tweaks installed after JB it reverts back to 5 icons which deleted my JB folder. This in turn deleted my Cydia & Installous apps for view (I would have to use Spotlight to search for them in order to open them). Try it wit hte Jailbreak first & see how it goes. If not then reflash the firmware & reverse the procedure.

I read there is a newer version of Abstinthe (2.0.1) that fixes some of the issues people are having. But I am finally on a JB 5.1.1 working well so I'm not messing with it!

Milky Way
    Member #
    It seems easier to just backup your apps and settings. Restore to stock then jailbreak.

I did my mom's ipad yesterday. I'm still on 4.3.3 on my ipad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeden View Post
    It seems easier to just backup your apps and settings. Restore to stock then jailbreak.

I did my mom's ipad yesterday. I'm still on 4.3.3 on my ipad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    EASIER yes but it doesn't ALWAYS work. That's what I did but like I said I ran into issues so I I had to do the reverse. YMMV

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    I have this feeling my son will be asking me if I can jailbreak his ipad2 next weekend and change some things for him since I have specifically told him if he tries anything and screws it up that I will not fix it for him. (I know this sounds mean but its a lesson in responsibility and if he wants to tinker he can read up and learn how to do it correctly)

Guess I will be reading up on this myself this week.

fish1552 likes this.
    Droid X- retired
    Galaxy Nexus- Tried everything JB and going back to Liquid ICS
    Xoom- EOS/Rogue kernel 1.5ghz
    Twitter- Getsome_122

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsome122 View Post
    I have this feeling my son will be asking me if I can jailbreak his ipad2 next weekend and change some things for him since I have specifically told him if he tries anything and screws it up that I will not fix it for him. (I know this sounds mean but its a lesson in responsibility and if he wants to tinker he can read up and learn how to do it correctly)

Guess I will be reading up on this myself this week.

Follow this tutorial & you will be fine: TUTORIAL - Jailbreak the iPad2 and iPad3 on 5.1.1 With Absinthe 2.0 To know which iPad you have download the free app Linpack from the app store. If you have a 2,4 then you will have to wait for a newer Jailbreak update. I guess the 2,4 was released AFTER the iPad 3...

ALSO, make sure you get the NEWEST Abstithe 2.0.2. It fixes some of thwe bugs that I went through!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads