Register

A real noob

This is a discussion on A real noob within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hola, just jumped into the Android scene with the G Nexus. Bought the Nexus thru the Google site last Sunday. Unit arrived on Wednesday, unboxed, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A real noob

Milky Way
    Member #

A real noob

Hola, just jumped into the Android scene with the G Nexus. Bought the Nexus thru the Google site last Sunday. Unit arrived on Wednesday, unboxed, inserted the battery, plugged in for a fresh charge, hit the power button, illuminates, I go Wow, then the screen starts to flash rapidly, finally it shuts off and fails to power up! Not even one hour in my hand and it fails! The phone failed to start, so I call support. Talk to one rep, they transfer me to another rep, Samsung rep asked all standard questions. So they give me RMA, to ship back. They say another rep will call me within one business day, ok I wait, yea no call back. So I call them, they state they need a CC in order to advance me the replacement, but wouldnt charge unless I don't send the defective one back. So know I have to wait untill Tuesday for my delivery because of the Holiday, they didnt have it ready for overnight delivery. I'm moving out of the IPhone to the Nexus, I found this site with a forum search for GN forums. Looks like I found a good spot! I hope they don't screw me with a refurbished one, I paid for a new one!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Hi, Welcome to the forum! Sorry you got a bad phone first time around. The GN is a great device and I am sure you will be happy with it when your replacement comes.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times

Re: A real noob

Welcome to the forum.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times

Welcome aboard!! Did I understand correctly that you contacted Samsung to replace the phone you bought through Google?

~ GNexified ~

Milky Way
    Member #
    Yes, I called the number on that was on the Goolge site, Google transferred me to Samsung support.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times

Interesting. I thought Google would've replaced it themselves.

~ GNexified ~

Milky Way
    Member #
    Now, all my contacts are thru Samsung now, all emails are coming in from Samsung. I called Google back to ask them about the 15day warranty, since Samsung was dealing with the Phone issue the ask me to call them. I think if Google was doing the warrant work, it would have been faster shipping with the replacement. I was also surprised to see ICS and not JB on the phone that I first received.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    655 times
    Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Keep us posted on your new device & good luck!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times

Welcome to the forum .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks for the warm welcome, well finally got my replacement Nexus from Samsung. Actually their packaging is much better than what google ships out. Charged the battery, fired it up, so far its working as advertised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads