Register

Hi im new hear (and i got a question about some stuff)

This is a discussion on Hi im new hear (and i got a question about some stuff) within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hi im kevin but i go by blackyblackguy (yes im black but im probably the whitest black guy you know lol) and i heard about ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Hi im new hear (and i got a question about some stuff)

Hi im kevin but i go by blackyblackguy (yes im black but im probably the whitest black guy you know lol) and i heard about this sit from wicked on droid life. Im also a complete noob when it comes to rooting and stuff. I rooted recently but i still have a lot to learn! one of my main questions is how do i go about changing the icons and such and apply soft key mods? thanks for everything =) i hope i love it here!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    655 times
    Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

We are happy to have ya with us!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    Quote Originally Posted by blackyblackguy View Post
    Hi im kevin but i go by blackyblackguy (yes im black but im probably the whitest black guy you know lol) and i heard about this sit from wicked on droid life. Im also a complete noob when it comes to rooting and stuff. I rooted recently but i still have a lot to learn! one of my main questions is how do i go about changing the icons and such and apply soft key mods? thanks for everything =) i hope i love it here!
    Welcome! Glad you made it over!

I just recently modded my softkeys and this is the method I used.

Using your Computer - Original thread here

Automatic Method - Images using Softkey Modder
    1. Download THIS Softkey Modder
    2. Place the downloaded softkey images into the "PUT_IMAGES_HERE" folder
    3. Connect your phone to your computer
    4. Make sure USB debugging is enabled (located in Settings --> Developer options)
    5. Run/Open "Create Flashable Zip.bat"
    6. Answer yes ("y") to both transfer prompts (or transfer the zips yourself)
    7. Flash the modded (or original) zip through CWM (a.k.a. Rom Manager) **Do NOT wipe anything!** and enjoy!

This process is faily easy to do. At the top of this thread

you'll see >> Download Images Here <<

That's where I grabbed the images to replace the stock ones. Find a set you like and download.

Have you already made a backup using Cloclworkmod?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Welcome Kevin!! Here is the link to our Theme section of the forum. Enjoy!! Galaxy Nexus Themes

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    hey i have one question i noticed you posted how to change the soft keys but how about the actual icons? like in the screenshot you posted your phone messaging app and stuff were blue. Do you use the same method to change them?

oops nvm i just noticed where you posted the link to replace the stock images do i just click on the link on my phone and download them? and no i did not back it up yet is this process easy?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    hey i have one question i noticed you posted how to change the soft keys but how about the actual icons? like in the screenshot you posted your phone messaging app and stuff were blue. Do you use the same method to change them?
    That's much easier to do. Are you using stock launcher? I have Nova Launcher and all you have to do is long press on an icon to change it. Long press, click edit and navigate to where your downloaded icons are. Do you have an icon set you would like to use?

Long press on an icon and see if you get a popup to edit...

Milky Way
    Member #
    ya its the one you posted on droid life icons.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage that is what you posted i believe

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    ya its the one you posted on droid life icons.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage that is what you posted i believe
    Ahh ok, yeah download it and extract the images. I made a folder called "Icons" and placed them there to make them easier to find.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Welcome to GNF and Congrats!!

Sent From the Land Before Time...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Welcome to GNF!! Great to have you with us!

Tap'd from my GNex

Remove Ads

Ads