Register

Finally in the Android World with a Nexus - Few Questions

This is a discussion on Finally in the Android World with a Nexus - Few Questions within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; So I finally got rid of my POS Storm 2 now that we can use and Enterprise Server on Android. My wife and kids all ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dippa

Thread: Finally in the Android World with a Nexus - Few Questions

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Finally in the Android World with a Nexus - Few Questions

So I finally got rid of my POS Storm 2 now that we can use and Enterprise Server on Android. My wife and kids all have Android phones and I need a few pointers to find out some information.

1. I am new to Google+ so I am trying to figure out how to get our calendars to all sync up without my contact being on my daughters phone and vice versa.

2. Any recommended apps that are a must have to make the Nexus as good as it really is.

We have two Samsung Facinates and a Experia Play. They all have Gingerbread at this time until further updates.

Thanks and any other pointers or directions would be appreciated.

Shawn

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Welcome to the forums!
    I think you've upgraded just a bit coming from a Storm 2, and I think you'll love the Android OS (especially 4.0). It has it's quirks, but it's fun to learn about, play with and customize to your liking.
    to answer your questions.
    1. I'm not sure about this, I guess I don't fully understand what is going on there. I'm not a big user of google+ and am not sure of all that it is capable of.
    2. As far as recommended apps... I think a lot of people will tell you to get Light Flow to control your notification lights. Also Volume+ which will help with the low speaker volume. Both can be found in the market and are free (but there are paid versions that give more options). Also, probably the most needed app if you are going to frequent this forum is Tapatalk. It can be found in the market (paid) or found on getjar.

Hope this helps and congrats on choosing the Nexus!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Congrats and welcome to the forum. I'm not to sure how to sync different calendars but thats a great question. You may want to set up a "family" gmail account that you can add to everyones phone, then when someone updates that should show up on all devices with that email.

Along with Google+ use Gtalk for voice, video and text. All phones should have it and looks like a white chat bubble with blue lettering that says talk. I also use Thumbkeyboard because of the lag with stock keyboard, and all the custom layouts and themes.
    BBStorm > S2 > DX > DX2 > Galaxy Nexus
    SGT > Xoom

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Welcome to GNF, Shawn!! Your questions have been answered, so I'll just put in a shameless plug. If you're interested in hacking ICS onto your Fascinates, check out this thread at our sister site, Galaxy Forums.

Tap'd from my GNex

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Welcome aboard! I don't know if Google+ has calendar sharing features or not, but I think you may be referring your Google Calendar, which is what is accessed with the Calendar app. Sharing calendars with Google Calendar is easy...

Go to Google from a PC browser, select "More" up top and select Calendar. Sign in if you're not already. You'll see a tab on the left that says "My Calendars". You can create a new one to share by pressing the arrow next to My Calendars. In the setup of the new calendar, there is an option to share with other people. If you put your daughter's gmail address in there, she will be able to view and/or edit the calendar on her device. Then you'll just need to go into the Calendar app settings on her and your phones to make sure the calendar is synced to both of your devices. And that's it...you should have a shared calendar all set up. Hope this helps!
    NewAge likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    655 times
    Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on the Gnex!

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yep, welcome and have a look around here, I'm sure u can find what your looking for.

Remove Ads

Ads