Register

Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime Gets Bluetooth Cert; Device has a CDMA Radio

This is a discussion on Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime Gets Bluetooth Cert; Device has a CDMA Radio within the Member News Depot forums, part of the GalaxyNexusForum.com category; The new Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime just passed its Bluetooth certification tests, and the report filed shows a CDMA radio on the phone. The device that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime Gets Bluetooth Cert; Device has a CDMA Radio

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime Gets Bluetooth Cert; Device has a CDMA Radio

The new Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime just passed its Bluetooth certification tests, and the report filed shows a CDMA radio on the phone. The device that made its way through the gamut was not specifically named, except for the model number with was SCH-i515, which, according to everything we know so far, is the Nexus/Droid Prime.

The phone is clearly coming to North America, according to the docs. Furthermore, SCH tends to be part of Verizon's naming convention, so all the pieces are lining up. Although we reported a rumor previously that the phone could be called the Samsung Droid Prime, because it is coming to Verizon, we have also heard other "rumint" that conflicts with that, and that the Prime will keep its Nexus moniker. For now, we will have to wait until October (or perhaps sooner if something leaks) to find out.

Source: Droid-Life

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm a believer! My OG Droid is the longest I have ever had a single phone. By the time the Prime comes out it will be almost 2 years. Project Elite has been my ROM of choice for all that it has. I will be sad to give up my OG Droid, put for the Prime, I will have to leave her.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Don't let all this talk of the Prime just be another Bionic story that gets strung out over the next 10 months!
    Still using my trusty OG Droid with Project Elite 6.5 and V6 Supercharger Scripts!
    Thanx Actngrezy and Zepplinrox!

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The CDMA radio guarantees that its either Verizon or Sprint, right? (not that anyone is talking about sprint) and the SCH makes it Verizon?
    I dont care what its called... just drop it!
    Impulse89
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Xoom : Tiamat 2.1
    Motorola Droid 1 : MIUI

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I suppose this is good news, if it's a sign of imminint release. How long between approval and release did it take for other phones?
    How many times had the Bionic been pushed back? What about my second love, the SGS2? I'm tired of getting sweaty with
    anticipation, waiting for the next one to drop. GIVE UP THE PHONE, or somebody is gonna get it!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have a sneaking suspision that with the release of the I phone 5 nearing, they will push for a release of this ICS packing powerhouse sooner than lster.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I think your right. With a new iPhone and an update to iOS scheduled to drop, Google is going to want to get an ICS device on the ground.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady Hawkin View Post
    I have a sneaking suspision that with the release of the I phone 5 nearing, they will push for a release of this ICS packing powerhouse sooner than lster.
    I thought they pushed the i-phone 5 till next year not in a couple of months??

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhodge02 View Post
    I thought they pushed the i-phone 5 till next year not in a couple of months??
    I thought it was September or October.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I hope that it keeps with the Nexus Prime naming scheme and delivers pure AOSP. If it's the Droid Prime, then chances are that VZW will add their bloat to it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Me too, as much as I like the Droid line, I would much prefer a Nexus device.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads