Register

Another article on NFC vulnerability where our Galaxy Nexus is used in the example

This is a discussion on Another article on NFC vulnerability where our Galaxy Nexus is used in the example within the Member News Depot forums, part of the GalaxyNexusForum.com category; Android, Nokia smartphone security toppled by Near Field Communication hack | Ars Technica...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chizzele

Thread: Another article on NFC vulnerability where our Galaxy Nexus is used in the example

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thumbs down Another article on NFC vulnerability where our Galaxy Nexus is used in the example

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    I disabled my NFC the day I got my device and only switch it on in the house for use on my night stand. It's been that way ever since and will remain so as there's no real need for me to be using it other than a funky gimmick. I would never even consider using it as my wallet it just makes robbery easier.

Sent from a fellow Androidians Xoom ^_^
    Galaxy Nexus i9250 - stock
    Motorola Xoom wifi - Rooted - Recovery:TWRP Rom: EOS3 nightly 155
    Sony smart watch

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Good article, thanks for sharing.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    It has to be hacked to get better security..

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't know whether the NFC stuff is ever truly going to take off or not. Seems like the level of suspicion, an general lack of convenience in use is really holding it back. News articles like this aren't going to help either....

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    "The hard part was finding the right hardware and software where all this magic would work," Miller said. "It's a big, elaborate mess that eventually worked."

They make a big deal about it and then put this at the end? Is this an attempt to make readers feel all happy go lucky again? Anyway, a responsible user can alleviate security vulnerabilities. I consider myself a responsible user, and combining that with the fact that taking over my device is "an elaborate mess that eventually worked," I'm not worried.
    Dust

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Im not concerned I bank with a bank that takes security seriously. Last week I went to use my card to buy stff and it would not work. Went to the teller and still would not work. SO I go to the branch and they said that someone made a program to read off bank information when the card is swiped and one of the local businesses I used my card was compromised. My card number popped up and they immediately shut down the card. Yeah it was an inconvenience that my card did not work but atleast my money was protected. I know if someone try and fraud my account they will be shutdown and if they do manage to take out money my bank will put that amount back in my account and will handle the situation no questions asked. Yes all technology carries risks. To me the key is to

1) have a good bank
    2) open a separate account with a card to use for nfc payments so if that card is compromised my money isnt
    3) only turn on nfc when needed.
    phone timeline: Tracfone, espn phone, palm treo 700, htc tilt, iphone 3gs, Droid, droid 2, droid x, thunderbolt, galaxy nexus, htc rezound, droid maxx, galaxy s3, Note 2.

Milky Way
    Member #

Re: Another article on NFC vulnerability where our Galaxy Nexus...

After reading the whole article I'm not afraid to use nfc or leave it on. It is fear mongering as someone stated there and nothing else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads