Register

[Rumor] More Confusion for Samsung Nexus Prime Names; May Be 2 Different Phones

This is a discussion on [Rumor] More Confusion for Samsung Nexus Prime Names; May Be 2 Different Phones within the Member News Depot forums, part of the GalaxyNexusForum.com category; This newest rumor regarding the Samsung Nexus Prime, or whatever it will be called, is tinged with possible truth and fiction, and seems to complicate ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jblalock77
  • 1 Post By Mujibar
  • 1 Post By SniperDroid

Thread: [Rumor] More Confusion for Samsung Nexus Prime Names; May Be 2 Different Phones

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

[Rumor] More Confusion for Samsung Nexus Prime Names; May Be 2 Different Phones

This newest rumor regarding the Samsung Nexus Prime, or whatever it will be called, is tinged with possible truth and fiction, and seems to complicate thing all over again. The articles on both Droid-Life and TheDroidGuy were fairly confusing to disseminate, but we will give it a shot here. According to a report from TheDroidGuy, the Nexus and the Prime will actually be two different phones. Supposedly, one of their journalists was able to sit down with a Verizon Tester, that has been working with both the HTC Vigor and the Samsung Prime. (An interesting side-note is that the Verizon Tester indicated that the Vigor was the better phone.) Also, a different staff member for theDroidGuy was able to play with the HTC Vigor and the Samsung Nexus, at the same conference, but with a different person, determining that they were two different devices.

Ultimately, what we were able to glean from the articles was the following, and much of it is speculative: (Please do not assume that what we consider any of this factual. For now, it simply is hearsay that is worth informing you about, because it could be accurate.)
    • There is going to be a Samsung Prime that is not a stock Android phone (will have a TouchWiz UI overlay)
    • The Samsung Prime is a different Samsung device from the Samsung Nexus, and will not be the first phone with Ice Cream Sandwich
    • The Samsung Prime is possibly a follow-up to the Droid Charge
    • The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the next Google phone
    • The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be coming to Verizon and will be the first phone to come with Ice Cream Sandwich
    • Neither device will have a physical home button
    • Samsung used the name Nexus Prime in a legal document in order to misdirect the press before the actual launch of the phones
    • The Samsung Galaxy Nexus could have TouchWiz (which seems unlikely - also, the two articles disputed each other on this point)

None of this has been substantiated, nor confirmed in any way, but it definitely makes for some interesting discussion. Sound off in the forums what you think of this mess.

Source: Droid-Life and TheDroidGuy

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Saw this earlier. Gave me a headache.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Me too. I want whichever phone is the Nexus device on VZW. They can name it the Samsung Pink Doily for all I care....
    paul_gyver likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Does that mean you're gonna get a pink case for yours?
    paul_gyver likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Why not? Knowing my wife, I'll rarely get to use it anyhow....

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    FWIW, here's an article distilling all the rumors that have been flying around. Now, keep in mind that Business Insider is notoriously "ifriendly" ... but this article shows surprisingly no slant:

Nexus Prime Rumors | Business Insider

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Move along, move along. These aren't the droids were looking for... Move along.
    Mujibar likes this.
    Don't try to run, you'll only die tired...

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Finally!
    Rooted, Unlocked, and READY TO ROCK!
    Rom - AOKP Milestone 6
    Kernel - Lean Kernel
    Theme - Cobalt

Rooted Droid Original using the smooth way to go:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...s-version.html

Try DropBox - sync files on any Android Phone - to any computer with Internet Access!
    http://db.tt/8tFXvhz

"I Survived! The Great Galaxy Nexus Delay of 2011."

Remove Ads

Ads