Register

[Rumor] Samsung Prime is Nexus Device For ALL Carriers; Maybe Droid Prime for VZW

This is a discussion on [Rumor] Samsung Prime is Nexus Device For ALL Carriers; Maybe Droid Prime for VZW within the Member News Depot forums, part of the GalaxyNexusForum.com category; There is some new "rumint" that suggests the naming mystery of the Android Prime might finally be solved. Supposedly, while attending a Verizon developer's conference ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Samsung Prime is Nexus Device For ALL Carriers; Maybe Droid Prime for VZW

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times

[Rumor] Samsung Prime is Nexus Device For ALL Carriers; Maybe Droid Prime for VZW

There is some new "rumint" that suggests the naming mystery of the Android Prime might finally be solved. Supposedly, while attending a Verizon developer's conference in Las Vegas, a journalist for theDroidGuy.com was able to have a "backroom" meeting with a Samsung employee in which they were able to get a private preview of a demo unit that was the Samsung Prime. According to their article, this Samsung employee divulged that the Samsung Prime is indeed the next Nexus device, and will be coming to ALL carriers. He further elaborated that Verizon may indeed be calling it the DROID Prime.

Additionally, he shared most of the specs of the device and a potential release time-frame! The phone will probably be available in late October or early November. According to this source, the demo unit was running Gingerbread for now, because Ice Cream Sandwich was not quite ready yet. He did indicate that it should be ready in time, and will come on the final version of the Samsung Prime. Here is a description of the device with specs the source divulged:
    • Looks similar to the Nexus S, but is taller to accommodate the LTE radio
    • Power Button and volume rocker on sides
    • NFC, MHL and HDMI
    • 8MP camera on the back and 2MP camera on the front
    • Ice Cream Sandwich
    • T.I. dual-core OMAP processor

For now, this could simply be nothing but hearsay, so we are calling it a rumor; however, it definitely is within the realm of possibility, and would be quite exciting if it turned out to be true!

Source: TheDroidGuy
    Last edited by dgstorm; 09-15-2011 at 09:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    But will it be all "bloatified" when it comes to VZW?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    I'm not worried about bloat. That's what root is for
    Mujibar likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    As long as it's vanilla ICS I don't care how much Vcast garbage they stick on it... Like the man said, root and remove.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    But will it be all "bloatified" when it comes to VZW?
    If it is truly the Nexus Prime it should have no bloat ware nor will the OS be tested by VZW.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Understood. But there is zero history of VZW ever letting anything go by without exerting their "influence" on it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    Understood. But there is zero history of VZW ever letting anything go by without exerting their "influence" on it.
    The original Droid from Motorola had no VZW bloatware on it. It was plain Jane and bloatware free.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow View Post
    The original Droid from Motorola had no VZW bloatware on it. It was plain Jane and bloatware free.
    Touché.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    The thing that really excites me is ICS. No capacitive buttons will mean more of a tablet experience. It will be cutting edge but also worries me because I will feel like a guinea pig again (OG Droid). Whether or not this will be pure Google phone is irrelevant to me because I think they are still trying to figure out exactly where they want to go with it. Convergence here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Being a Google test subject is fun...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads