Register

Announcing WugFresh Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit for GSM Versions!

This is a discussion on Announcing WugFresh Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit for GSM Versions! within the GSM Hacking & Mods forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] category; All the details are on WugFresh's site: Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit | WugFresh Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! This program contains all the files ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By alphawave7

Thread: Announcing WugFresh Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit for GSM Versions!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times

Announcing WugFresh Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit for GSM Versions!

All the details are on WugFresh's site: Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit | WugFresh

Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified!

This program contains all the files you need to unlock and root your device, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it.
    Version 1.1 now also allows you to make backups of all your apps and data and restore them later!

There are now two versions of the release! One for Verizon (CDMA) and one for GSM models.
    *make sure you download the right one for you device*

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Feature breakdown:

SDK + Files:
    This will automatically:
    • Extract all necessary files to the appropriate directory's (needed for for unlocking, rooting, flashing back to stock, and re-locking your device)
    • User gets to choose whether or not they already have the SDK setup on their machine:
      • If the end user does not have the SDK setup yet, then this program will install it for them, along with all necessary additional files
      • If the end user does already have the SDK setup, then they will prompted to tell the program which directory their adb and fastboot reside
        • The program will then only extra the additional files

• Update your systems "Path" environmental variable to include adb and fastboot locations (dynamic feature to account for users who already setup the SDK).
      • Provides an option to skip this step if the user already did this on their own.

• Extract working 32bit and 64bit fastboot driver files to %SDK_location%\extras\drivers for later use (see drivers)
    Drivers:
    This will automatically:
    • Install the "Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver _v1. 4.6.0.exe"
    • Reboot your phone into bootloader so you can configure your fastboot drivers.
    • Launches device manager for you and the location of reference pics I put together for proper driver configuration
    • Allows the end user to test their fastboot driver. If this succeeds, then everything is good to go!
      • Please note: there may be times that your computer says device not recognized.. but this is only when your phone is in between on and bootloader mode. Like while its rebooting into bootloader mode; for these brief moments your computer has no idea what your device is. But that doesn't matter. All that matters is that your device is recognized when its fully turned on and in usb debugging mode, and when its in bootloader/fastboot mode; in both of these circumstances your computer should recognize your device as an adb device.
      • Working raw fastboot drivers are located %SDK_location%\extras\drivers - so these are the ones you should use if you are having trouble configuring your fastboot drivers with Samsung's signed ones. Manual driver configuration is not very difficult, just follow the reference material provided in this package.
    Unlock:
    This will automatically:
    • This will unlock your device which will also inexorably factory reset your device.
    • If you want to preserve your apps and settings for easy restoration afterwards, see backup and restore.
    Root:
    This will automatically:
    • Push su.zip (Superuser.apk) to your sdcard
    • Flash clockwork mod (this is specific to your device model; ie CDMA version vs. GSM version)
    • Provide on screen instructions for completing the rooting procedure
    Flash Stock + Unroot:
    This will automatically:
    • Flash all stock componets to bring your phone back to a factory state (specific to your device model)
    • Has an option to deal with being bricked, like if you can't even turn your device on and can only get it into bootloader mode
      • Provides on screen instructions for manually entering bootloader mode
      • Gives you some helpful tips to consider before restoring your when bricked, like to make sure your device is charged first!
    • Flashing stock will also inexorably unroot your device.
    OEM lock:
    This will automatically:
    • Re-lock your device back to original equipment manufacture specifications.
      • You must use the "flash stock + unroot" feature first before being able to use this option successfully.
    Backup Apps + Data:
    This will automatically:
    • Initiate a backup of all your apps and app data
      • User will be prompted to enter a password on there device to protect their backup file
      • Once the backup is complete it will be stored on the users computer in the directory:
        • %SDK_location%\nexusbackup
        • And the file name will automatically be generated as the date and time the backup was made
      • Note: this does not backup all of your SDcards contents. So its up to the end-user to backup any picture or music files they have.
        • This only backs up user apps + app data
    Restore Apps + Data:
    This will automatically:
    • Initiates a customized browse to file window which asks you to locate the android backup files (*.ab) you would like to restore
      • This browse to file window automatically defaults to the proper location of your backups
        • ie %SDK_location%\nexusbackup
        • however you can easily use this window to browse to another file location;
          • For instance if you have your file saved to a flash drive or external hardrive
    • Once the user selects the backup file, the program will automatically initiate a restore operation
      • User will be prompted to enter the password they set in order to restore their file
        • When the correct password is entered the file will be restore.
    Instructions:
    • Do not plug in your device until this program prompts you too!

• Install the program by double clicking the GnexRootToolkit.sfx.exe

• This will extract the contents to %PROGRAMFILES%\GnexRootToolkit
      • Place shortcuts on your Desktop and Start Menu\Progarms
      • Launch the program for first use

• Use the "SDK + Files" option first to extract the necessary files to their proper locations
      • Use this option regardless if you already have the SDK setup
    • Use the "Drivers" option to make sure all your drivers get configured properly.
      • This is a crucial step. Nothing else will work otherwise, so make sure you pass the driver test before continuing.
    • Use the "Backup Apps + Data" if you want to preserve your apps and settings for restoration after you unlock and root.
    • Then use the "Unlock" to unlock and the "Root" to root... Tada! Enjoy your unlocked and rooted device. ^_^
    • Then whenever you need to go back to square one just use the "Flash stock + Unroot" and "OEM lock" features.
      • Remember that this option can also be used if you completely brick.
      • This should bring you back to a fully locked stock factory state.
    Download:

GnexRootToolkit.v1.1_GSM.sfx
    Checksums:
    File size: 274 MB
    CRC-32: 5b2ce243
    MD4: 334b3c7afac63baded4c99ae9e4a67fd
    MD5: a49c105b05a8263c82a677640fa14ee3
    SHA-1: cbb88648dbf6f7d361336079a84a9debe700c749

Credits:
    • Droid Life for their great instructions!
    • Google for being pwn and making android.
    • copkay for his great guide on making backups
    • WugFresh (thats me!) ^_^
    Donate:

~ If you like my work please consider making a small donation. Help and support is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ~

{{ WugFresh }}

Version 1.1 for GSM http://goo.gl/1wk99

Checksums:File size: 274 MB
    CRC-32: 5b2ce243
    MD4: 334b3c7afac63baded4c99ae9e4a67fd
    MD5: a49c105b05a8263c82a677640fa14ee3
    SHA-1: cbb88648dbf6f7d361336079a84a9debe700c749
    Last edited by alphawave7; 01-07-2012 at 04:33 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Is this compatible for Mac?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    I know it says GSM but does it work for all version GSM including bell Canada I9250? My rom is ICS 4.0.1

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by abazaba9 View Post
    Is this compatible for Mac?

Use Parallel desktop to run over windows. Works like a charm

Milky Way
    Member #
    If I am all ready running stock and unrooted can I just do the OEM Lock? I am also currently running 4.2.2 so should I wait for the toolkit update as well?

Remove Ads

Ads