Register

Custom Lock Screen Icons

This is a discussion on Custom Lock Screen Icons within the Galaxy Nexus Themes forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Here's a few lockscreen icons I've been messing with. For right now, this is the only color I have. Sorry, no screen shots. There's 27 ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Custom Lock Screen Icons

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times

Custom Lock Screen Icons

Here's a few lockscreen icons I've been messing with. For right now, this is the only color I have.
    Sorry, no screen shots. There's 27 total icons that I've changed. Here's a few to get an idea.

How to Install
    Follow this guide to install these: [How-To] Softkey Mods [WIP] installs with update.zip in CWM. I know it says SoftKeys, but the process is the same. These icons will be placed in the Framework-res.apk, not the SystemUI.apk. Using 7zip(described in the How-To link), the framework-res.apk will be located here; \system\framework\framework-res.apk. Use the folder names inside the zip file to know where to place them.

Note: If you're on GummyNex & have the lockscreen set to display the 4 icons, you probably have 2 stars. If you want to change those, they are called, zzic_lockscreen_custom_one_activated.png, zzic_lockscreen_custom_one_normal.png, zzic_lockscreen_custom_two_activated.png & zzic_lockscreen_custom_two_normal.png in the drawable-xhdpi folder of the framework-res.apk.

Also: When you get a phone call, the icon that shows up(the one that looks like a phone) is in the phone.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi & is called ic_in_call_touch_handle_normal.png. If you want that one changed also, you'll have to edit that one in the phone.apk. It's not taken/used from the framework-res.apk. But it's the same one as the ic_lockscreen_answer_normal.png in the drawable-xhdpi in the framework-res.apk.

I don't feel that I'm completely done with all the icons, so check back from time to time.

Custom Blue Lockscreen Icons:
    (These are just some of the icons. There's 24 in all in the zip. Also include the ic_lockscreen_chevron's from the pictures above. Those are the ones that look like parenthesis)
    The zip file for these include 2 folders. Use them to know where to place these icons in your rom.

Monochrome (cynkrzy style):
    They're just like the 2nd set. 24 icons with 2 folders inside the zip file

The Lock Screen Icons
    Custom Lockscreen Icons - Minus.com <--Same link for all sets.

If for some reason you swap out icons & your not showing any changes or end up with missing icons, check the file names of your original icons that came with your rom. There may be a chance that your rom calls them something else. In that case, just rename the ones I have to what your rom calls them.
    Last edited by CJM; 01-25-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Updated 2nd set. Added monochrome
    JSM9872, NewAge, fish1552 and 5 others like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Those look sweet CJM!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Those are beautiful.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Thanks guys. Once I get them re-drawn, it will be easier for me to do different colors.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I downloaded the zip and was able to find all of the icons except a blue phone. Using root explorer I extracted the framework-res.apk and copied your icons into the corresponding folders and rezipped it with root explorer and moved it into /System/framework, renaming the original for safe keeping. Reboot.
    BBStorm > S2 > DX > DX2 > Galaxy Nexus
    SGT > Xoom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAge View Post
    I downloaded the zip and was able to find all of the icons except a blue phone.
    Yep, those white icons in your screen shot are some I haven't got to yet. I'll bump this post when I add them to the OP. Also, that large ring is eluding me. I have it changed in the zip file, but for some reason it doesn't apply it. The one I changed is called unlock_ring.png in the drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi folder. I thought that one was it, guess not.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    For anyone doing this, make sure you get the right folder to mode those files. Those files are found in 2 folders, one using 118x118 size, the other using 216x216 in "drawable-xhdpi" - which is the one you want. Beat my head against a wall trying to figure out why the changes weren't being made.

Now, anyone know where the ones in "drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi" are used?

CJM is this an open thread to others if they want to share?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Yep, those white icons in your screen shot are some I haven't got to yet. I'll bump this post when I add them to the OP. Also, that large ring is eluding me. I have it changed in the zip file, but for some reason it doesn't apply it. The one I changed is called unlock_ring.png in the drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi folder. I thought that one was it, guess not.
    I think you might be looking for the "unlock_wave.png" or "ic_lockscreen_lock_pressed.png" files.

What I did (and it's probably overkill) is modded all of the following:

In drawable-xhdpi:
    ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png,
    ic_lockscreen_handle_pressed.png,
    ic_lockscreen_lock_normal.png,
    ic_lockscreen_lock_pressed.png,
    ic_lockscreen_outerring.png

And in drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi:
    unlock_default.png,
    unlock_halo.png,
    unlock_ring.png &
    unlock_wave.png

and I got all the files (also did the chevrons and camera ones) on the lockscreen changed. You can use the same icons, but you just have to rename them and go from 118x118 to 216x216.

An idea might be to create a template with the files names in rings, make the mod file and apply it and then you'll know which ones you want to change by reading the text on the lock screen. Maybe I'll make that when I get home tomorrow night and post it up to help others.
    Last edited by fish1552; 01-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    For anyone doing this, make sure you get the right folder to mode those files. Those files are found in 2 folders, one using 118x118 size, the other using 216x216 in "drawable-xhdpi" - which is the one you want. Beat my head against a wall trying to figure out why the changes weren't being made.

Now, anyone know where the ones in "drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi" are used?

CJM is this an open thread to others if they want to share?
    Good point. The folder inside the zip is called 31b6e7 blue lockscreen icons. There's 2 folders in side that. 1 called drawable-xhdpi & 1 called drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi.

As for the drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi folder, I don't know. I just went ahead & changed them too.

And yes, feel free to share what you've done.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I got a bit crazy with the icon replacement and bootlooped ;(. Restoring backup now. Its a bit tempermental haha.
    BBStorm > S2 > DX > DX2 > Galaxy Nexus
    SGT > Xoom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads