Register

Make backups!

This is a discussion on Make backups! within the Galaxy Nexus ROMs [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Originally Posted by dezymond And just as I made this thread today, my phone bootloops on me for the second time today.... I've never had ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Make backups!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    And just as I made this thread today, my phone bootloops on me for the second time today....
    I've never had a bootloop on any JB rom. Have you updated the su binaries?

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gyver View Post
    I've never had a bootloop on any JB rom. Have you updated the su binaries?
    First thing I do. It just froze on me this last time and then would bootloop. I'm gonna flash a non-touch version of CWR. I've heard touch CWR causes problems with JB roms. We'll see, maybe my phone just doesn't work on it for some reason. Maybe it's on its last leg...who knows. I'll give JD's ROM another shot, but if it bootloops again I'm going back to an ICS ROM. I can't afford to have my phone bootloop on me when I'm away from my PC.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    First thing I do. It just froze on me this last time and then would bootloop. I'm gonna flash a non-touch version of CWR. I've heard touch CWR causes problems with JB roms. We'll see, maybe my phone just doesn't work on it for some reason. Maybe it's on its last leg...who knows. I'll give JD's ROM another shot, but if it bootloops again I'm going back to an ICS ROM. I can't afford to have my phone bootloop on me when I'm away from my PC.
    Yea I hear ya. I'm running the touch version and still no issues. I went back to ICS for other reasons today and even that was a pain. Apps did not want to restore on their own. I will get back on JB roms when source is released.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gyver View Post
    Yea I hear ya. I'm running the touch version and still no issues. I went back to ICS for other reasons today and even that was a pain. Apps did not want to restore on their own. I will get back on JB roms when source is released.
    I've heard of others having trouble installing certain ROMs with their phones, guess I'm finally running into that problem. Got an old version of cwm going though, hopefully that fixes whatever the problem is, if not, I wouldn't mind so much going back to one of my backed up ICS Roms, just gonna miss the buttery smoothness of JB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Being it's a nandroid it's really gonna be hard to trace the origin of the issue. I remember on the og droid a dev released a nandroid backup of a build he was testing and people had issues. But i know the feeling. Who wants to go backwards when every one else is moving forward. Source will drop in about a week and we will get a more stable build. I really think this could be a result of when the original source backed it up. So basically all the super duper wipes may help but i dont neccessarily think its the reason people are having boot problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    phone timeline: Tracfone, espn phone, palm treo 700, htc tilt, iphone 3gs, Droid, droid 2, droid x, thunderbolt, galaxy nexus, htc rezound, droid maxx, galaxy s3, Note 2.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Well back on JD's v4 of JB, and hopefully it stays stable. If not definitely going back to an ICS ROM. Of course I'll try a clean install of another JB ROM first

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    I'm running CWM Touch and everything was smooth on install. I wiped EVERYTHING - including battery stats. However, I flashed the ROM forgetting to wipe anything, then wiped everything three times, then re-installed Vicious again, then the su package and haven't had a single problem.

Maybe wiping 3x or the double install helped.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    I'm running CWM Touch and everything was smooth on install. I wiped EVERYTHING - including battery stats. However, I flashed the ROM forgetting to wipe anything, then wiped everything three times, then re-installed Vicious again, then the su package and haven't had a single problem.

Maybe wiping 3x or the double install helped.
    Consider yourself lucky then

So far it's stable for me....I'm afraid to restart my phone...but I'm thinking I should just to really test it out.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Best find out now than later.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    phone timeline: Tracfone, espn phone, palm treo 700, htc tilt, iphone 3gs, Droid, droid 2, droid x, thunderbolt, galaxy nexus, htc rezound, droid maxx, galaxy s3, Note 2.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Well 3 reboots later and different times and still no issues. I just hope it stays that way....

Don't forget to backup those backups folks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads