Register

[GSM ONLY]Manhattan Project ROM

This is a discussion on [GSM ONLY]Manhattan Project ROM within the Galaxy Nexus ROMs [GSM] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; To start, this is my personal opinion. And I'm picky as hell. So far so good, have had it running for a few hours now. ...

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

[GSM ONLY]Manhattan Project ROM

To start, this is my personal opinion. And I'm picky as hell.

So far so good, have had it running for a few hours now. ROM is okay, features are nice. I do have an issue with the wallpapers though. The resolution seems to be different. No big deal really, the Boba Fett wallpaper that i came across posted in this thread doesn't fit properly, which bothers me a lot. Aside from that, some nice little tweaks can be done from the Manhattan settings area, pretty standard stuff to me really. The touch button color can be changed on the fly and to any color in the spectrum easily, which is nice. I don't really know if any other ROM has it. Also you can change opacity of the notification bar, but I wish I could take off the battery icon in it to be more clean. Unfortunately you can't change the "Owner Information" text that shows on the lock screen, which I kinda like.

Next off, I have had some issues with the performance, as I have already ran GTA III on it for a few minutes, and played part of an episode of Archer on it without issue. My big concern actually is how flaky the Mobile/WiFi connections feel. I have had mine shut off two or three times in the past 2 hours. It has been becoming less common, so maybe it's just something the ROM works out on its own.

I will run it for tomorrow and follow up.

*Update*
    I have been at work for a total of an hour, had my phone unplugged for an hour and 15 minutes. Android OS sucks up 62% of my battery, so something is sucking it away, but the screen has only used 20%. Battery is at 95%. I am not terribly impressed. The features in the ROM are cool like I said previously, and it runs decently. Some lag in going between home screens, but nothing major. A lot of options. Too many for my liking, but I used to use VillainROM on my Hero, which was a torn up Cyanogen that was simplified a bit. Compared to Manhattan, I still prefer Vanilla. Battery is a little bit better, and it runs a little smoother. I am sure that with tweaking it will run fantastically, but right now I'm running it as is, no changes to how it operates, just visual modifications to suit my tastes.

I am going to continue today, and chances are work with it through tomorrow too. On Sunday I'll be going to GummyNex to try it out. I'm going to turn into a flashaholic I think -_-...

ROM can be found here:
    Download ROM
    Download Update
    Download Google Apps

Last edited by Creegz; 02-10-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Update.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Sadly the battery life was so disappointing to me that I didn't even finish out Saturday. Turn wireless off, and you need perfect 3G signal for the ROM to actually be decent on battery. As I said previously, idle battery is amazing but the battery life while in use is not as good as stock. I flashed my backup of my stock ROM Saturday morning. Overall it was a nice ROM but it just didn't cut it for me. I am in search of better battery life. GummyNex is up for demo next.

Canada, tapping in.

Remove Ads

Ads