Register

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android Jellybean (4.1)) Continuous Reboot

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android Jellybean (4.1)) Continuous Reboot within the Galaxy Nexus OS forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hi all Just a quick question. I've got a Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus. About an hour ago I got the notice saying that Jellybean was ready ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Question Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android Jellybean (4.1)) Continuous Reboot

Hi all

Just a quick question. I've got a Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus. About an hour ago I got the notice saying that Jellybean was ready to be installed, so I downloaded and installed it.

Now I am having this issue where the phone is continuously rebooting its-self.

-> Phone powers up, I see Google Logo.
    -> New wait screen comes up (blue, red, yellow and green "x" symbol)
    -> PIN number screen comes up
    -> about 2 seconds later, back to the new wait screen and this just continually loops back to this "X" screen (I do not see the Google logo again)

Have tried taking out the battery, same result after phone initially just boots up.
    Have tried hard-resetting (i.e. recovery mode), gets to the icon where the android icon is lying down with an "!" mark, but then just reboots as normal and goes into the same process as above.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on/how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    enigmab17

I've posted this in a cpl of places as at the moment the phone is unusable!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Welcome to the forum. You probably got a bad download and it can/has happened to others. I will assume you are running stock OS.
    1) Take battery out for a few minutes and reinsert.
    2) Boot into bootloader by holding down volume up & down + power button. You should now see a box with start and android laying down with belly open.
    3) Select recovery mode then press and hold down all three buttons again.
    4) Once in recovery mode try wiping cache, then factory data reset. This will take you back to stock and you can try getting another update for JB. Make sure you are in a good signal area so you won't have bad downloads.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I've got exactly the same problem - question is - once I do a reset will I loose everything, all the settings off my phone? If so - that sucks.... I would have thought there would be better error checks in the download to stop this sort of thing.
    An OTA update should be idiot (and every other eventuallity) proof.

Will have to try this reset and see.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Ok, well that didn't work... entered recovery mode and got a screen with a belly open android with a red ! in it. And nothing works. Completely frozen.
    So what next? Remove the battery and try again?

Milky Way
    Member #
    I really, really need help here. This phone was stock and working fine before the OTA to JB screwed it.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Finally got restore to factory to work and phone is now fixed. Yay!

Milky Way
    Member #
    The problem that I have is the battery runs out faster. Has anyone else have this happen after the update?

Milky Way
    Member #
    I am having the same problem. Followed the above steps

-Go to Recovery Mode
    -Wiped Cache
    -Perform Factory Reset

THe phone is still in a boot loop. I performed the factory reset around 6 times.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I too had this problem with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It happened out of the blue, and not the result of downloading any new apps, though I had a fair amount already installed. The phone would reboot and stay on just long enough for me to go into settings and uninstall one app at a time, then reboot! It would not stay on long enough for me to reset or backup photos from the gallery.

What started this: I was in the Yelp app, had located a restaurant, clicked the address, then tried to open the Map (Google) with it. My phone froze on the Google startup screen for several minutes. I took the battery out, popped it back in and it continually would reboot. I had spare batteries and tried them too to no avail.

Solution: I went to the Verizon store, and they said they would send me a free replacement phone (under warranty). I simply plugged my phone into a wall charger and let it sit there. Later that evening, I noticed it wasn't rebooting anymore. So I quickly backed up my gallery, then reset the phone. After reinstalling only my most needed apps, the phone seems to be working fine. I don't know if this was a virus, or perhaps some underlying Jelly Bean OS bug when it comes to certain apps, but it SEEMS LIKE A SOFTWARE issue.

Milky Way
    Member #

Unhappy It's not working HELP!

It all happened when I rebooted my android because of this fontapp that I installed last night.

I waited from last night until right now which is in the afternoon and its still with the X symbol.
    I had this phone as a birthday present last week and I feel so bad if there's no solution to fix this.

And I did the press "Power button + Volume Up / Volume Down" method but it still doesn't work.. it still
    continues to go to the X symbol.

I hope theres a solution for this

Ads