Register

Still on 4.0.1

This is a discussion on Still on 4.0.1 within the Galaxy Nexus OS forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hello, Ive considered upgrading my phone from 'yakjuux’ to ‘yakju’ which would allow me to update my phone straight from good. This is a link ...

Thread: Still on 4.0.1

Milky Way
    Member #

Still on 4.0.1

Hello,

Ive considered upgrading my phone from 'yakjuux’ to ‘yakju’ which would allow me to update my phone straight from good. This is a link I have considered using
    Guide: Update your Galaxy Nexus from ‘yakjuux’ to ‘yakju’ 4.0.4 – Mac OS X | Digital Igloo

Question, once I use this guide to upgrade, will I still be able to receive the legit jelly bean update whenever it comes out? This guide is to take you from ‘yakjuux’ to ‘yakju’ 4.0.4, which should allow us to receive updates directly from google once they come out correct? thus not requiring me to go through another process once jelly bean comes out correct?
    If not does anyone know once jelly bean is released if canadian phones will be more likely to receive the update sooner than with previous versions like 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4.
    Im currently with rogers and am still only running 4.0.1. …. starting to get frustrated.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    I wouldn't be counting on a timely Jelly Bean update from Rogers in any case. I'm not sure about OTA's from Google but you won't be able to take any from Rogers after switching. I'm sure there will be a method for you to move to Jelly Bean long before Rogers has it released for you though.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    I wouldn't be counting on a timely Jelly Bean update from Rogers in any case. I'm not sure about OTA's from Google but you won't be able to take any from Rogers after switching. I'm sure there will be a method for you to move to Jelly Bean long before Rogers has it released for you though.
    Would you suggest to wait it out until a new method comes out for Jelly bean then? Just to avoid the work/ having to deal with re-installing new stuff in just a couple of weeks. Im not terribly computer savvy, but would be willing to follow the link i provided earlier if i was guaranteed a improvement like jelly bean.

Remove Ads

Ads