Register

4.0.4 Download Help

This is a discussion on 4.0.4 Download Help within the Galaxy Nexus OS forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; First Post! I am trying to update my phone to 4.0.4 as 4.0.2 is causing me some troubles, and i am beginning to get frustrated. ...

Milky Way
    Member #

4.0.4 Download Help

First Post!

I am trying to update my phone to 4.0.4 as 4.0.2 is causing me some troubles, and i am beginning to get frustrated. When i attempt to download 4.0.4 from any site, the download becomes unsuccessful after a complete download. This is my FIRST EVER update manually and would like to try this.

Could someone please help me in advising me how to properly download the update to my phone, so i can complete this much needed upgrade???

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    If your phone is not unlocked and rooted than you are stuck waiting for the carrier or manufacturer to release the newer versions. To do that you can go into setting and phone options and then about phone and somewhere in there you will find a check for updates button. However as far as I know 4.0.2 is the newest release from the carriers. If you want to start messing with installing newer roms onto your phone than you will most likely first need to root it and unlock it while you are at it.
    Then you can update to a new rom like 4.0.4 . I myself just updated to 4.0.3 and it is pretty sweet. 4.0.4 is still very new and most of the roms are in beta still. Send me the link of were you are downloading the update from.?

Jaimcnutt

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Sometimes that's an issue with the stock browser and downloads. Try either another browser such as Dolphin HD or download from a PC and transfer it to your device.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alamarca View Post
    First Post!

I am trying to update my phone to 4.0.4 as 4.0.2 is causing me some troubles, and i am beginning to get frustrated. When i attempt to download 4.0.4 from any site, the download becomes unsuccessful after a complete download. This is my FIRST EVER update manually and would like to try this.

Could someone please help me in advising me how to properly download the update to my phone, so i can complete this much needed upgrade???

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!!

Here's a thread over at XDA that has a link to the official OTA: 4.0.4 Unofficial Changelog *Update2 02/05* - xda-developers Just download the file and change the name . to update.zip and flash through stock recovery.

If you are trying to download the OTA on your phone, you should switch from the stock browser to one of the alternate browsers in the Market. Try something like Opera or Dolphin or xScope for the download.

Good luck
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    I will try with another browser. I am downloading it from mediafileshare.com

Keep you all posted. thanks everyone.

Remove Ads

Ads