Register

4.0.4 update

This is a discussion on 4.0.4 update within the Galaxy Nexus OS forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Originally Posted by flagg First, you've been sold some misinformation. Bell, nor any carrier, has decided to get updates from Samsung. The carriers have absolutely ...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 4.0.4 update

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    First, you've been sold some misinformation. Bell, nor any carrier, has decided to get updates from Samsung. The carriers have absolutely nothing to do with Nexus updates. The is no 'Bell' Galaxy Nexus, nor is there a Telus or Rogers model. There is just the Canadian yakjuux build that Google decided to supply to Canadian carriers.

Google and only Google develops Android and works on each version that gets released. When Google finishes the Yakju build it gets released and then they appear to contract the minor changes in regional builds to Samsung. What is the difference?

1. Radios
    2. Language packs
    3. Perhaps some apps are excluded for contract reasons or because services are not available in some countries yet.
    4. ???

All logical regional stuff that it would make sense to change and to contract to Samsung, a company that specializes in those kind of updates more so than Google. Then all updates are released directly from Google's servers. The lag between Google's yakju and the Samsung builds is a pain in the butt though.

Canada and a few other builds have have not been updated to 4.0.2 yet. The 4.0.2 update appears to have been stopped yet again by Google for bugs or some other unknown reason. Anyone who has something higher flashed a custom rom (GSM).

4.0.3 is AOSP and was never released as an OTA update for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, although a few Nexus S owner did get it before the update was halted back in December.

4.0.4 was a ota update for the CDMA Galaxy Nexus, but I think that also got halted a while back. Any GSM Galaxy Nexus user that has this flashed a leaked custom rom.
    Thanks for clearing this up.

I have been going nuts wondering why I haven't gotten 4.0.4 on my yakju build phone.

D.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    4.0.2 here in australia

Milky Way
    Member #
    Still 4.0.2 in Croatia, Europe.... >

Milky Way
    Member #
    Mystery has been solved......at least it appears so

GSM versions of Galaxy Nexus will skip 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 versions, GSM versions are carrier free so they cant get 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 updates because it will be vulnearbrle (spelling error)
    GSM Nexes will get 4.0.5 UPDATE in March

Samsung Galaxy Nexus And Nexus S To Get Android 4.0.5 ICS In March

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Sounds suspect to me. But I hope it happens

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 99problemz View Post
    Sounds suspect to me. But I hope it happens
    Yeah, agreed. That rumour was floated around weeks ago. Looks more like optimism or a typo by some French carrier. There could still be weeks of rollouts to get 4.0.2 to all the variants. And it looks like the Canadian yakjuux update that started recently is borking the market with crashes. I'm loving 4.0.1, but I can't imagine a way in which subsequent ICS updates could have gone less smoothly three months in. Poor Nexus S owners are mostly still stuck on Gingerbread...
    Last edited by flagg; 03-02-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm honestly getting tired of not getting updates on my phone. My grandmother got an update for a tablet (Asus Transformer) and I'm sitting here with a Google branded phone that hasn't received anything yet except for a PRL update that ended up giving me worse signal than before. I'm still sitting here on 4.0.2. On top of that, my phone is messing up TONS. My screen will black out, and if I try to unlock it, it goes pixelated and won't fix unless I pull the battery. And I never had random reboots before, but now I get them like twice a day.

Sorry for the rant, but as you can tell, I'm getting mighty frustrated over this phone that I used to talk so highly about.
    TheFred55 likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I agree. I'm stock and have had a ton of resets. Recently it was stuck in boot loop so I had to factory reset. With major problems like this you think they would hurry a bit on an update. Hopefully quadcore and huge battery phones get here soon so I can shell out another $700+ to go through the more early adopter pains.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFred55 View Post
    I agree. I'm stock and have had a ton of resets. Recently it was stuck in boot loop so I had to factory reset. With major problems like this you think they would hurry a bit on an update. Hopefully quadcore and huge battery phones get here soon so I can shell out another $700+ to go through the more early adopter pains.
    I know that whole Galaxy s3 is just a rumor, but from what's being said about it and if it just so happens to be better than the Gnex, I'm getting that phone. I saw a picture of what it's supposed to look like and I drooled.
    websterzx10r1 likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    4.02 Here in Philly

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads