Register

4.0.4 update

This is a discussion on 4.0.4 update within the Galaxy Nexus OS forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; So, I'm in Canada eh? And...Bell, my carrier, decided to get the updates for our Nexus from SAMSUNG!!! and not Google...totally negating the reason for ...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 4.0.4 update

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So, I'm in Canada eh? And...Bell, my carrier, decided to get the updates for our Nexus from SAMSUNG!!! and not Google...totally negating the reason for buying the phone! I know you can get them but I'm not willing to reflash it and screw around with it. I shouldn't have too!!! So, I'm still on 4.0.1.

Question, what am I missing with the updates to .4?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Still 4.0.2 here ): I check for updates like, 4 times a day. Sucks.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    4.0.2 out here in Vegas as well...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    4.0.2 here all the way from Asia
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Guys, I know that we all LOVE updates, but let's be sober with a pitch of rationality.
    Here is an official Google webpage with factory images : Factory Images for Nexus Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code
    4.0.2 is the latest one, so I will definitively not messing with custom and leaked builds.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Lots

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    running 4.0.2 here in Cleveland Ohio and don't mind one bit. after all, how many people are running Android 4.anything? We are the 1%.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by can6rxw View Post
    So, I'm in Canada eh? And...Bell, my carrier, decided to get the updates for our Nexus from SAMSUNG!!! and not Google...totally negating the reason for buying the phone! I know you can get them but I'm not willing to reflash it and screw around with it. I shouldn't have too!!! So, I'm still on 4.0.1.

I flashed 4.0.4 about two weeks ago and the improvement on battery life alone is reason enough alone to make the jump. There is an entire change log floating around somewhere.

I was stock, unlocked, rooted on 4.0.2 when I made the jump to .4. If you flash the TBH version...it remains rooted.

Two thumbs up for those hangin on stock 4.0.2 who are looking to make the jump...I definitely recommend it!

I'm itching to jump on the AOKP or Winner's CM9 Kang though...once that is compatible with 4.0.4...I'm gonna be a flashing fool...
    Last edited by RedBank; 02-27-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #

I'm in the same boat except I'm on Telus. It really is too bad that they decided to go with Samsung. As you say it makes owning a "Google" phone pointless.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

First, you've been sold some misinformation. Bell, nor any carrier, has decided to get updates from Samsung. The carriers have absolutely nothing to do with Nexus updates. The is no 'Bell' Galaxy Nexus, nor is there a Telus or Rogers model. There is just the Canadian yakjuux build that Google decided to supply to Canadian carriers.

Google and only Google develops Android and works on each version that gets released. When Google finishes the Yakju build it gets released and then they appear to contract the minor changes in regional builds to Samsung. What is the difference?

1. Radios
    2. Language packs
    3. Perhaps some apps are excluded for contract reasons or because services are not available in some countries yet.
    4. ???

All logical regional stuff that it would make sense to change and to contract to Samsung, a company that specializes in those kind of updates more so than Google. Then all updates are released directly from Google's servers. The lag between Google's yakju and the Samsung builds is a pain in the butt though.

Canada and a few other builds have have not been updated to 4.0.2 yet. The 4.0.2 update appears to have been stopped yet again by Google for bugs or some other unknown reason. Anyone who has something higher flashed a custom rom (GSM).

4.0.3 is AOSP and was never released as an OTA update for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, although a few Nexus S owner did get it before the update was halted back in December.

4.0.4 was a ota update for the CDMA Galaxy Nexus, but I think that also got halted a while back. Any GSM Galaxy Nexus user that has this flashed a leaked custom rom.
    Last edited by flagg; 03-01-2012 at 07:52 AM.
    Gadget_Guy likes this.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads