Register

4.0.1 to 4.0.2

This is a discussion on 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 within the Galaxy Nexus OS forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Originally Posted by Liquidsnakes sweet i was able to manually update the GSM to 4.0.2 without problems =) @Liquidsnakes - great to hear! That said, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 4.0.1 to 4.0.2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsnakes View Post
    sweet i was able to manually update the GSM to 4.0.2 without problems =)
    @Liquidsnakes - great to hear! That said, the Google site I found was for complete reflashing of the bootloader, radio and system partitions, and wiping the user partition in the process. ( Factory Images for Nexus Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code basically here, and looked inside the supplied script, and that's essentially what it does)

I really don't want to do a complete wipe and factory image restore, I just want to simulate the OTA upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 or .3 (I'm on a GSM version so I think it is just .2)

Did you completely wipe to achieve this? If not, which download and instructions did you use to retain your user partition??

Cheers
    Colin

Milky Way
    Member #
    I'm also very interested in this as I have a GSM version that is stuck on 4.0.1 as well. I've done the check-in multiple times but it keeps saying the phone is up to date. I manually updated my Nexus One several times but I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes with the Galaxy Nexus.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I found a thread elsewhere that described a method of doing this - essentially it was just running the normal factory reflash script manually and removing the -w (wipe) option from the last command. Apparently this had been successful for the thread poster.

Unfortunately, the thread hadn't been updated, and I stupidly didn't read through the entire thread - and so only after following the instructions noticed a small note in the very last post, three pages later, that this process doesn't work and screws your phone! So I ended up having to wipe it anyway.

Once I had installed 4.0.2 I then realised that the radio for my provider (Voda Australia) wasn't stock, so I had to source that separately so that I could still use the 850MHz network here. So now running hybrid, which I'm a little uncomfortable with. Also, I've no idea whether this will screw up the next OTA.... hmmm

Milky Way
    Member #
    Got the phone updated to .2 tonight. Unfortunately I had to erase everything on the phone to do it...oh well. Thanks for the help, Lexter...appreciate it.

Milky Way
    Member #
    did it wipe from an OTA update?

I had an OTA (8.8mb) , but stuck on reboot at recovery icon

I'm thinking to reflash from recovery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads