Register

Franco Milestone 2 Settings

This is a discussion on Franco Milestone 2 Settings within the Galaxy Nexus Kernels forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I'm running the stock 4.0.4 Rom on LTE CDMA with the Franco Milestone 2 Kernel. I'm not 100% ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

Franco Milestone 2 Settings

Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I'm running the stock 4.0.4 Rom on LTE CDMA with the Franco Milestone 2 Kernel. I'm not 100% sure what I should set my settings too. I'm using SetCPU and my goal is to maximize battery life and have good performance.

Currently
    Max - 1228 MHz
    Min - 384 Mhz
    Governor - Interactive
    I/O - Noop

Voltage - IS NOT SET ON BOOT (this is what SetCPU has by default)
    1344 MHz - not in use
    1228 MHz -1380 MHz
    1036 MHz - 1317 MHz
    729 MHz - 1203 MHz
    384 MHz - 1025 MHz

What is the default with the Franco Kernel? These settings looks too high(overclocked)? What is a recommended voltage setting should I use for better battery life? I know if I undervolt it will increase battery life. What settings would be stable on stock rom?

Govenor - IS NOT SET ON BOOT (this is what SetCPU has by default)
    hispeed freq - 1200000
    go hispeed load - 95
    min sample time - 20000
    timer rate - 20000

What is the default? What should I adjust if I'm using interactive? I would like to set this on boot but I don't know if the settings are correct.

Thank you much in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Every phone reacts differently so there is no one setting fits all. You do not have to undervolt on Franco as smartreflex should be active. It does a great job undervolting at the cpu level. I run Franco at stock settings and have very good results.

Edit: FYI the latest Franco milestone is 3.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks. I will look into upgrading to MileStone 3.

So If I understand you correctly, I should not touch the Voltage or Governor settings in SetCPU and not set them to boot?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    You can try if you like but I run mine stock settings and just love it. Great balance of battery life plus performance. Do I think it's the best battery life kernel out there? Not at all but again every phone reacts differently.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I will leave those settings untouched. What about profiles in SetCPU? For example when Screen is Off, Max/Min 384 MHz. Will this conflict with "smartreflex"? Should I even use profiles?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    I don't use profiles either. Franco is doing a great job with his kernels. His app is better than setcpu IMO. You can get direct downloads as soon as its available too.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Check THIS thread out. Some good info from other users.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks. I just flash to milestone 3 kernel and just uninstall SetCPU all together.

When you say you get good battery life, what do is an estimate? I'm a pretty heavy user so I'm looking to get around 10+ hours of heavy use (texting, web browsing, watching youtube, and playing games)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Can't say that I'm a heavy user but at work I listen to music for 7+ hours and still have 50%+ battery left. Remember screen is the biggest drain so keep that in mind. Try different kernels and see what's the best for your set up. Good luck.

Ads