Register

Stuck as writing radio-cdma on unroot

This is a discussion on Stuck as writing radio-cdma on unroot within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I have been having radio issues (no service at all) so i decided to go ahead and flash different radios and roms to see if ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Justifi

Thread: Stuck as writing radio-cdma on unroot

Milky Way
    Member #

Exclamation Stuck as writing radio-cdma on unroot

I have been having radio issues (no service at all) so i decided to go ahead and flash different radios and roms to see if it would fix the issue. I have factory reset it and now I am just going to unroot/restore my phone to return it back to Verizon. heres the guide im following: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...axy-nexus.html

I keep getting stuck here:

MacBook-Pro:mysid-jro03o marsblaster$ ./fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ff02.img
    sending 'radio-cdma' (3724 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.597s]
    writing 'radio-cdma'...

and it gets stuck like that forever. I have waited 10+ minutes to see if it fixes itself and it doesn't.

I believe I still have access to Fastboot,clockwork recovery and my operating system, so I can do anything to try and fix it.

Any help?
    Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Last edited by marsblaster; 05-13-2013 at 11:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marsblaster View Post
    I have been having radio issues (no service at all) so i decided to go ahead and flash different radios and roms to see if it would fix the issue. I have factory reset it and now I am just going to unroot/restore my phone to return it back to Verizon. heres the guide im following: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...axy-nexus.html

I keep getting stuck here:

MacBook-Pro:mysid-jro03o marsblaster$ ./fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ff02.img
    sending 'radio-cdma' (3724 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.597s]
    writing 'radio-cdma'...

and it gets stuck like that forever. I have waited 10+ minutes to see if it fixes itself and it doesn't.

I believe I still have access to Fastboot,clockwork recovery and my operating system, so I can do anything to try and fix it.

Any help?
    Thanks in advance.

Chris
    I have a Mac. I've used the method found on this page. You will find a video along with written instructions, and download links for the compiled files that you need for the methods to root and unroot on a mac. There are scripts written to simplify the task.

Unroot on a mac. "One click method"

http://www.androidrootz.com/2012/08/...nexus.html?m=1

Root on a mac

http://www.androidrootz.com/2012/08/...ce_21.html?m=1

I have done it the android central way, but it took me a long time with trial and error. Mostly it was clicking or not clicking on the enter key. The combination of video and script made this a lot easier.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Justifi; 05-14-2013 at 05:05 AM.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Yes, I have used this tutorial before, but it gets stuck "writing radio-cdma" for a little bit, it writes radio-cdma and then at the end, it says verify- radio-cdma: unknown (something like that). It says I'm now at stock and unrooted, but when i check to see if im unrooted, i still have super su and root checker app still says i have root access.

Edit: Terminal command:

sending 'bootloader' (2308 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'bootloader'... OKAY
    rebooting into bootloader... OKAY
    sending 'radio' (10496 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'radio'... OKAY
    sending 'radio-cdma' (3722 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'radio-cdma'... OKAY
    archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
    archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
    archive does not contain 'system.sig'
    --------------------------------------------
    Bootloader Version...: PRIMELA03
    Baseband Version.....: I515.FC05
    Serial Number........: *****************
    --------------------------------------------
    checking product... OKAY
    checking version-bootloader... OKAY
    checking version-baseband... OKAY
    checking version-cdma... FAILED

Device version-cdma is 'unknown'.
    Update requires 'I515.EK05' or 'I515.EK06' or 'I515.FC04'.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    From what I can see in the terminal commands, it seems the system, userdata, boot and recovery have not been flashed so that's what makes you still have root. System.img hasn't been overwritten yet. On the part where it takes so long for the other files to be flashed, could you perhaps use another cable or port for it? Worth a shot because sometimes those are the ones that are faulty

Swyped and Tapped from my Nexus
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    From what I can see in the terminal commands, it seems the system, userdata, boot and recovery have not been flashed so that's what makes you still have root. System.img hasn't been overwritten yet. On the part where it takes so long for the other files to be flashed, could you perhaps use another cable or port for it? Worth a shot because sometimes those are the ones that are faulty

Swyped and Tapped from my Nexus
    Well, I switched out the cable for a different one and now it is stuck on writing Radio-cdma. Its not finishing unlike the first cable. Its been stuck for around 10 minutes. I dont know if this has any effect on the flashing process, but in fastboot it says " CDMA- unknown and Carrier Info- None"

What should I do now?

Command:
    Welcome to the restoration script by 1KDS
    This script will restore the original 4.0.4 firmware,
    Remove root access on the device
    and relock the bootloader

Turn on USB Debugging in settings > Developer options
    With the device booted up, connect the USB cable now
    Press enter to continue:

* daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *
    sending 'bootloader' (2308 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'bootloader'... OKAY
    sending 'radio' (10496 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'radio'... OKAY
    sending 'radio-cdma' (3722 KB)... OKAY
    writing 'radio-cdma'...
    Last edited by marsblaster; 05-18-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    could you check into this post? this may be of help. it's long i know but there are good pointers. it's made for windows but just follow the notes for mac. [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Return to stock for | Galaxy Nexus > XDA

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    could you check into this post? this may be of help. it's long i know but there are good pointers. it's made for windows but just follow the notes for mac. <a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1626895" target="_blank">[HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Return to stock for | Galaxy Nexus > XDA</a>
    Ok i followed the tutorial up to flashing the "radio-cdma"... it just hangs/doesnt finish writing the radio-cdma-toro-i515.ff02.img;It seems like this is the main issue, is not being able to flash radio-cdma.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Ok i followed the tutorial up to flashing the "radio-cdma"... it just hangs/doesnt finish writing the radio-cdma-toro-i515.ff02.img;It seems like this is the main issue, is not being able to flash radio-cdma.
    I noticed you used 1kds. I know the link that I included was on a different site although the original script was from 1kds. 1kds hasn't updated the script for 4.2. 2. I wonder if that is effecting you. That site is and has just recently updated the script for 4.2.2. Also the OP for that site has left his mail address on the bottom of that web page. He encourages people to email him, if they run into trouble.

I suggest you download his updated script. Follow the exact written instructions, watch the correlating step on the video before and after you take a step. If it still doesn't work, email him. I would copy and paste your script from the terminal into the email.

I would also download any file the script is telling you it can't find. If those files are actually there, the OP should be able to help you.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    could you check into this post? this may be of help. it's long i know but there are good pointers. it's made for windows but just follow the notes for mac. [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Return to stock for | Galaxy Nexus > XDA
    Be warned people can be very rude at xda. They can help, but you might get a bruising while your at it.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    Have you succeed in flashing already? I've a feeling it may be a hardware malfunction or corrupted partition if after eliminating cable, ports, etc it still exists

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads