Register

Error updating to 4.2.2

This is a discussion on Error updating to 4.2.2 within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I did a manual OTA update to get jellybean 4.1.2 (JZO54K) which worked fine, ever since the new update came out i haven't been able ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Error updating to 4.2.2

I did a manual OTA update to get jellybean 4.1.2 (JZO54K) which worked fine, ever since the new update came out i haven't been able to update it to 4.2.2.( Attempted it numerous time over the past few months) I keep getting this error where the android robot is lying on his back with a red exclamation mark, making my phone completely unresponsive. Until i yank the battery out.

What do i do to fix this, and how do i update the phone?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    Are you on all stock? The android robot screen is actually the opening screen for stock recovery. When you see it, just press power then volume up so the menu items would appear. However if you get that screen in the first place after accepting an OTA means that something in your system files or recovery or radio isn't correct.

Flowed and Tapped from my Nexus
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Yeah im running stock. I was reading something about my radio not being updated with last update i did, and that could be the problem as to why its not updating now. All this is confusing me.

Whats the best way to go about it? And its a different robot then the one for recovery, this android is lying on its back with an error sign.

(If any of this helps, im currently running 4.1.2, Build no - JZO54K, baseband- I9250XXLA2)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    If you mean this, http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jF4CgOU8cb...edTriangle.JPG then it is stock recovery screen. Anyway, can i assume you have your bootloader unlocked since you mentioned flashing before? The correct radio for JZO54K should be XXLF1. Don't know why you have XXLA2. You can flash just the radio manually and take the update for 4.2.2 afterwards.
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Not sure how i managed XXLA2, but yeah that's the image i get. So by updating my radio, the OTA update would work?

Sorry for being a pest but how do you flash the radio, do you know of any link to a website or thread on forums which i can follow to flash my radio?

Thanks a ton man, you've been of great help!

Remove Ads

Ads